Cobalt Sample & Comparison

Hmm. This protect me looks a lot lighter and more washed out than I expected Cobalt to be. Although, I do know that cameras tend to do that to colors. What are your thoughts on the color?

I'm just thoroughly confused now - I broke out my SMM in petrol, and it's definitely not as dark as the AP that's being shown here. So, I'm not sure what to think of the Cobalt be/c I was thinking of getting something in that eventually. I really think we might need Jackie to chime in and offer up either some photos of her own, or an explanation???

Thank so much for the pictures bali_girl! I too think the cobalt color is a lot lighter than i expected ... it's almost what I would call sky blue.
I wonder if it could just be the monitors we all have causing the colors to look different.. your petrol looks much darker than mine does, too... but then again I know that different pieces of petrol leather look different...

I have a cobalt PM coming as well.. i'll take some pictures of it with my petrol LM and my turquoise AP so we can have more blue

Here's a shot of my petrol .. bali_girl how does the cobalt compare to this color:

DSC03229.jpg

Thank you so much for posting pictures. My Petrol MMS midi looks much different in color (and I LOVE the color I have), so I'm wondering if the color you have --do you feel it is accurately represented in the pics or is it darker? I'm just curious because it's definitely darker than what I own.

This really is tough. I wonder what would be a better way to help people see the true colors before buying. I am very cautious and will only buy colors that I have seen--although I will say that it is often the TPF pictures that have really helped me make a purchasing decision. We have some great photographers here!

And yes, lighting, flash and monitor calibration can all have an affect on how the color looks, so this makes it even more difficult.

Attachments

• mmsmidi1.jpg
    mmsmidi1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 38
I'm just thoroughly confused now - I broke out my SMM in petrol, and it's definitely not as dark as the AP that's being shown here. So, I'm not sure what to think of the Cobalt be/c I was thinking of getting something in that eventually. I really think we might need Jackie to chime in and offer up either some photos of her own, or an explanation???

I have to agree with you on the petrol front - my IY tote is much lighter and bluer than the gorgeous AP shown here.

Anyway, back to the cobalt. I'm just wondering Bali, out of all the pics you've taken (which are fantastic btw! You are an :angel: for doing all this!), which one would you say is the most representative of the cobalt irl?

Bali, this is very helpful. Thanks for posting pics. It's a very summery colour.....reminds me of going on a vacation to the Greek Islands.......Bora-Bora.......or St Barth's!

Definitely ordering something in this colour.....just haven't decided on what style.

Jackie is obviously working her way through her email. She has just said that this is exactly the same colour as the leather sample that Bali saw in London but that it is hard to photograph. She says that she wants to see one of the bags when they are delivered in order to tell me more about the colour.

Capturing true colours and what something truly looks like is near impossible over the internet. This also happens in the Bal subforum ALL the time.

If you're that type of individual that really needs to SEE before you know whether you'll love it or hate it, then my advice is to wait it out. No point in shelling out the bucks only to be disappointed and pissy.

Glass is very similar. Difficult to photograph and in reality, quite different from the photographs. I remember purchasing a glass bead from a very famous and well-known artist that looked AMAZING on my PC screen. I paid an arm and a leg for this bead too and was beside myself with excitement in anticipation. When it arrived, it was though as someone popped all the balloons at my party, ate all the icing off of my cake, ran off with my presents- oh, and ran off with my secret stash of tequila!!! A HUGE disappointment.

Different pics in various lighting conditions may help, but at the end of the day nothing does something true justice than seeing it IRL. It really can make or break a purchase.

Hi there,

Just stepping in (from Sweden, just arrived) to say that whilst those pics are stunning, I do not think they capture the cobalt colour. I am very sorry that we havent been able to send swatches out to everyone (trying to figure out the logistics of this for future seasons, but we literally have 100s of different leathers and 100s of customers who would like them :smile:). I understand that it is difficult to make decisions based on swatches.

I would say that Bali's pictures change the tone of the cobalt. The swatch I showed Bali in London IS the same as the PM although as she says, it is always difficult when looking at a swatch. The tone of the colour is the same as on our sheets, just a little bit lighter.

The only thing I can say for sure is that it is one of the nicest colours we have ever uesd and I love it. I have ordered myself the Love Me in Cobalt and I fully expect it to be spectacular.

Hopefully you will agree but if anyone is disappointed we will figure something out for you.

To assist I have uploaded a comparison of the JC Mahala colour that I originally compared the BE Cobalt with and one of the Bal Electric. IMHO it is totally different to the electric blue.

http://forum.purseblog.com/picture.php?albumid=1463&pictureid=20189

Jenova, I have emailed you but I have been travelling all day, so it was only just now. Maya is not working this weekend.

Jackie X

Just to get this accurate - I can't recognise the bag that Jackie has just posted as Balenciaga Electric Blue. Depending on the light, the colour actually varies between something rather like the photo of JC bag on the left and the image of my own bag posted below.

Attachments

• RIMG0547-pf.jpg
    RIMG0547-pf.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 42
Hmmm, interesting!

Maybe Jackies pic of it is of a faded one? I believe there were lots of problems with fading with the Balenciaga electric blue? :shrugs:

I like the colour of the cobalt in Jackies pic, if that is indeed a true representation of the colour. I do hope it all turns out as you wish in the end.:yes:

Capturing true colours and what something truly looks like is near impossible over the internet. This also happens in the Bal subforum ALL the time.

If you're that type of individual that really needs to SEE before you know whether you'll love it or hate it, then my advice is to wait it out. No point in shelling out the bucks only to be disappointed and pissy.

This is exactly why I ordered an Angel Purse in Cobalt first. If the color is what I am looking for, then I will buy it in a full size bag. If not, I will be perfectly happy with my angel purse.