Coated canvas stiff and quite hard

ozlemshaw

O.G.
Dec 30, 2009
Hi ladies,

As some of you might know, I purchased a lovely pre-owned Louis Vuitton Monogram Sologne a few weeks ago. I absolutely love this bag, but wish it were a bit softer and less hard and stiff. I know that the previous owner barely used it, and it was stored in a bag for many years and in lovely condition.

My question is: will the coated canvas loosen up now that I am using the bag? Thank you in advance! :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 1,353
Hi ladies,

As some of you might know, I purchased a lovely pre-owned Louis Vuitton Monogram Sologne a few weeks ago. I absolutely love this bag, but wish it were a bit softer and less hard and stiff. I know that the previous owner barely used it, and it was stored in a bag for many years and in lovely condition.

My question is: will the coated canvas loosen up now that I am using the bag? Thank you in advance! :smile:
Some designs naturally have a stiffer canvas to help maintain the bag's shape, but yes, over time the material will relax and become more comfortable/easier to use.

Beautiful patina! I also noticed that surrounding temperature affects the canvas. My bag starts out the day stiffer and when I wear it in the sun, it becomes softer. Enjoy your beautiful bag :smile:

Reactions: ozlemshaw
it's a gorgeous bag, congrats. i have a few older pieces (20+ years) and some are still very stiff, even with tons of use. the strap for sure gets more comfortable but sometimes the canvas does not soften. two of my bags in particular (danube and juene fille) are still quite stiff, especially the danube. i think the shape of the bag makes a difference.

Reactions: ozlemshaw