Coated canvas bags...C's rubbing off!

May 26, 2007
I was sitting in my office yesterday admiring my white stripe heritage tote when I realized that on the front of the bag near the stripe, it looked like the C's were starting to rub off! :wtf:

I tried to take a picture last night, but it was hard to see what I am talking about because it was just in a small area. I brought it back to my boutique today and the SA just gave me a new bag. She said she has not seen this happen to anyone else, so hopefully it was just a defect on my particular bag. But for all of you that have a heritage tote, you might want to give it a good once over!!

I do have some good news though, while I was in the boutique, I picked up a little something something for my RAOK buddy and I was chatting with the manager about TPF and RAOK, she said she is going to have to check us out!

Then I left the store, I went through Dillards to get to my car and stopped at the Coach counter. Some items were marked 50% off. They had a small denim bleeker duffle (I think it was $89) and some small denim bleeker flaps. They also had some of the old signature stripe accessories, so I picked up a black gunmetal wristlet for $30! I totally don't need it, but I just couldn't say no for $30 bucks!

:wtf:Wow sorry that happened to your tote but I am glad you were able to get a new one!!! BTW: great deal on your new wristlet, I might have to hit Dillards's myself!!!:yes:

Ack! Sorry to hear that about your tote! I hope it doesn't happen to mine, but hopefully if it does my SA will be nice about it too! :smile: I need to spray some apple garde on my stuff!

Its great that they gave you a new bag! I just got the matching makeup case yesterday, I hope this doesn't happen to mine!

As soon as I saw it on my bag, I ripped out my heritage wristlet and gave it a good look too. I am so paranoid now, but I still really love this bag and the accessories so I am not giving up on it yet! I'm sure your makeup case will be just fine!

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. I kind of suspected it would since these bags are "first generation" but I figured that graphic overlay would wear off before the c's. I hope this isn't a common issue or one that can't be resolved. I don't have any coated canvas from Coach yet but would like to buy some in the future.

Sorry that happened. I like the look of coated canvas and was waiting very patiently for it to be released to the outlets. Now I'll be waiting for more feedback of how it holds up before I can make a decision to own it. I was going to start with the swing pack since I don't own a swing pack yet.

Sorry that happened. I like the look of coated canvas and was waiting very patiently for it to be released to the outlets. Now I'll be waiting for more feedback of how it holds up before I can make a decision to own it. I was going to start with the swing pack since I don't own a swing pack yet.
I really wanted a swing pack too in pink or grass

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. I kind of suspected it would since these bags are "first generation" but I figured that graphic overlay would wear off before the c's. I hope this isn't a common issue or one that can't be resolved. I don't have any coated canvas from Coach yet but would like to buy some in the future.

I haven't heard anyone else complain about this problem so let's just hope it was just a defect on my bag! I don't know what caused it to happen since I have only had it since March PCE and I would think I would have noticed it if it was there when I got it (which is what the SA guessed), but it was in such an odd place. I tried the bag on a few times in front of the mirror to see where my arm rubbed on the front of it, and it didn't really hit that area so who knows! :confused1:

oh..wow....I'm glad your SA was nice enough to just give you a new one rather than sending it in to JAX. I just checked mine over and so far so good. I have been using my tote EVERYDAY since the last PCE. I just LOVE the ease and carefree of this tote! Last night I went to my sons' Spring Fling at school. It was outside and I had to set her down on a dirty picnic table and the ground at one point. She looked dusty when I got home...wiped it down from head to toe with a baby wipe and she looks as good as new! LOVE HER!

Sorry about what happened with the coated canvas :crying:. I am just not yet sold on the coated canvas...I think it has to grow on me still. But that is a great deal on the wristlet. I have that wristlet and I use it at least once a day!!!:yahoo::woohoo: