Coach's Changing Terminology for FP Delete Bags

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Here on TPF we usually use the term Full-Price Delete (or just FP Delete) to refer to bags that were originally sold in the retail, boutique stores but have been discontinued. These bags may sometimes be found at lower prices as overstock in Coach sales events, the Factory Online Store, or at the Outlet Stores. The common TPF term for the majority of (non-FP delete items) sold at the outlets or on the FOS is Made-for-Factory or MFF.

In the past, when I have asked the Sales Associates at the outlet stores if they have received any FP Delete bags they didn't know what I was talking about. I learned that they used the term Transfer Bags to indicate bags that have been discontinued from the full-price, retail, boutique stores.

However, lately I have been getting a blank look from the younger SAs when I ask for Transfer Bags and so I think that the nomenclature has changed again.

I've noticed that when Coach puts a large number of FP deletes on the FOS they refer to them as "Coach Reserve" and recently I have seen FP Deletes at the Outlets classified as "Straight from the Coach Flagship" against a background photo of New York City, see the pic below.

That's a bit confusing because Flagship used to refer to prominent and busy boutique Coach stores, not a class of bags. And I'm not sure why they have a photo of NYC. It's true that Coach Corporate is located in NYC, but most of the bags are made in Asian countries and they are usually shipped from Jacksonville, FL.

Yesterday I was looking at the current Flagship bags at my local outlet (Aurora, IL) and they were offered at 50% off the retail price. And it occurred to me once again that Coach hasn't done a very good job of explaining the different grades of products and their terminology to the public - but I guess that that just means more FP Deletes for me and other TPFers!

Yesterday at the outlet I overheard a young woman ask an SA why the Nolita bag was so expensive for a small bag and was told that it came from the boutique store and that all the flowers were made by hand. She didn't buy the bag.

And when I was looking in the "Flagship" section a nearby customer said out loud "Why do the bags over here cost so much?!" So I told her that these were higher-quality, more expensive bags that have been discontinued from the boutique stores, and that all the other items in the store were made for the factory outlet stores. She just shrugged and said "too much for me!" and walked away.

Anyway, it just struck me as another example of steps that Coach has taken to confuse people about their brand.

You can see pics of the FP Deletes that were at my outlet yesterday at the link below:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/outlet-spy-pics.960394/page-6#post-31191952

Attachments

• FlagshipSign.jpg
    FlagshipSign.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,581
Last edited:
My outlet only used the term 'retail bag'. If I wanted to know if they had gotten a shipment in I had to ask if they had gotten in any 'discontinued retail bags'. Just asking about 'retail bags' would often get me a reply that they were an outlet store and not a retail store. :huh: :facepalm: :whut:

Reactions: LuvsElvis and katev
My outlet only used the term 'retail bag'. If I wanted to know if they had gotten a shipment in I had to ask if they had gotten in any 'discontinued retail bags'. Just asking about 'retail bags' would often get me a reply that they were an outlet store and not a retail store. :huh: :facepalm: :whut:

So I guess each outlet made up their own slang words for types of bags. Perhaps Flagship is a corporate attempt to standardize terminology, but then why do they say Coach Reserve on the FOS?

Last edited:
Have you noticed they've also started to reproduce older retail bags for the outlet such as the crosby or the nolita? The flagship signs are annoying, their totally deceiving if you ask me.

The Nolita bags that I saw at the outlet were genuine FP deletes not reproductions. I didn't check any Crosby bags but my recent Flagship purchases, a willow floral nomad and a wallet were genuine boutique items, not MFF reproductions. Sometimes they come out with a similar (or identical) MFF version of a popular bag and that's very annoying. How do you know that the Nolitas and Crosbys at your outlet are reproductions?

My confusion comes when the FP delete items are obviously labeled as such (I.E., the tag mentions a style that is FP-exclusive like Nomad, Nolita, Swagger, etc.) but the serial number includes the F. Sometimes I see this on the FP deletes, sometimes I don't!

My confusion comes when the FP delete items are obviously labeled as such (I.E., the tag mentions a style that is FP-exclusive like Nomad, Nolita, Swagger, etc.) but the serial number includes the F. Sometimes I see this on the FP deletes, sometimes I don't!

They usually retag FP deletes for sale at the outlet and they put an F in front of the style number on the paper tag to indicate that it was sold at the outlet. They also often stamp a bullet mark on the creed patch to show that it was sold at the outlet even though it was a boutique bag. (The bullet stamp doesn't bother me if it means that I am getting 40, 50, 60, or even 70% off retail price!)

The way to tell for sure is to look at the creed pack or tag inside the bag. If there is an F in front of the style number on the creed or the internal tag, then it is an FP delete.

Take a look at this thread to learn more about identifying coach products and grades:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/guide-for-coach-product-grades-and-markings.738785/

Right -- I actually didn't know that they retagged to show where it was sold. I guess that helps them determine if they really, REALLY overmade a particular style that proved not to be very popular?

Reactions: katev
Right -- I actually didn't know that they retagged to show where it was sold. I guess that helps them determine if they really, REALLY overmade a particular style that proved not to be very popular?

I have also heard that it may impact whether or not you can get a damaged item replaced or refunded or sent in for repair; and if you return without a receipt you will only get a merchandise credit for the lowest amount that it was marked.

Reactions: Alex575
Just a comment, it rarely happens, but when you see 2 bullet stamps on the creed patch, as in the picture below, it means that the product was defective or damaged and sold "as is, final sale" for an additional discount. So you can't take it another store for a refund or repair or a refund.

Attachments

• FP_bag_final_sale_2_bullets.jpg
    FP_bag_final_sale_2_bullets.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,412
The Nolita bags that I saw at the outlet were genuine FP deletes not reproductions. I didn't check any Crosby bags but my recent Flagship purchases, a willow floral nomad and a wallet were genuine boutique items, not MFF reproductions. Sometimes they come out with a similar (or identical) MFF version of a popular bag and that's very annoying. How do you know that the Nolitas and Crosbys at your outlet are reproductions?
if you look at the white tag inside they are marked differently, there was also a memo sent to the stores.

if you look at the white tag inside they are marked differently, there was also a memo sent to the stores.
I was looking at the willow floral nolita bags at my outlet and they were definitely FP Deletes. But it really ticks me off when they produce a MFF version of a retail bag and sell it cheaper under the same name!

Reactions: Sunshine mama