Coach Wallets

Valkrie

O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
I was at Coach FP and fell in love with the Mia black leather wallet. I have a pce and was thinking of getting it. I have really only purchased wallets from the outlet and never really spent over $100. My question is how much would you spend on a wallet since nobody really sees it. With the pce it would come to $171 I could put that money towards a bag. I'm just not sure what to do.

I am kind of debating this as well since the only Coach wallet I currently have was purchased at the outlet for under $100 as well. I also think about putting the money towards a bag. The wallet I want right now would be closer to $200 after the PCE and the high tax rate at the fp store.

I guess it comes down to do you think it can make it to the outlet? If so, do you think you can wait till it does and take the chance of finding it or not?

Like you, I have always purchased wallets from the outlet in order to save my money for bags. But last PCE I decided that I had to have the black gathered zip wallet. It is the most that I have ever paid for a wallet, but I don't regret it.

I get tired of "chasing" down items that I really want from the outlets. My nearest outlet is a 3 hour drive (round-trip). And what? I might save $50 on this particular wallet (30% off + 20% coupon). Now if you factor in gas money, a meal (who shops on an empty stomach?), and the stress of wondering if I will find what I am looking for...it's not worth it. I'd gladly pay the $50.

I agree with cat. Like you all mentioned, I normally buy my wallets at the outlet also. But my outlet is 2 and half hours away on a good day. I don't have to time or energy to waste driving there for just a wallet. I bought the purple gathered wallet during the August PCE and I'm so glad that I did. I'm so in love with it and I think I'll use it for years to come.

I'm also tired of chasing down items and if you factor in gas and all the expenses, I didn't save a ton. Sometimes I would catch a break and find a wallet that was 50% off and then a 20% coupon but it rarely happens.

I'm familiar with that delima.

Years ago when I was using only top handle purses, there was no way would justify a wallet that cost as much as or more than my bag. Now that I've added larger bags to my collection, I finally did get a wallet from the boutique. BUT, I only have one Coach wallet... A neutral wallet that will go with any bag I use.

If you really like that wallet, and are okay with it being your only wallet, I don't see why not! :smile: As for how much I would spend, not more than $200.

My closest outlet is about an hour away but I don't go very often and when I do it is rare they have any deletes there. They mostly sell factory made things so I doubt that wallet will ever show up there and I would have to go every week to see if by some chance it is there. One thing about Coach's wallets they do last and rarely show any wear. The one I am using now from the outlet looks brand new. I may just splurge and get it.

These posts are all helping me try to justify spending money on the black gathered wallet. My outlet isn't far from me, but it isn't always fun trying to track what I really want down. I don't know if the black gathered wallets will go to the outlet and if they do, will they go to mine

A wallet is something you will use everyday, as opposed to bags, which I assume you switch in and out of:P if you are like me. So, your cost-per-use goes way down....JMHO!
Plus, it is nice to pull something you adore out of your bag!

I personnally would spend more on the bag. I have never bought a coach wallet, but my outlet has tons of them now at 50%. But if i found a really nice bag with a matching wallet with a wriststrap option i might get it, but I would only have one coach wallet since i perfer to us a large wristlet on my new fave wristlet clutches.

A wallet is something you will use everyday, as opposed to bags, which I assume you switch in and out of:P if you are like me. So, your cost-per-use goes way down....JMHO!
Plus, it is nice to pull something you adore out of your bag!

That is so true. I use my wallet every day as I tend to switch by purses alot. So if you think of it in those terms you get more out of your money with the wallet.

This is a good question as I wanted to buy either the madison or kristin checkbook wallets or the gathered zip wallet in grey with my PCE. I too usually wait to go to the outlet for a wallet, but they never have checkbook wallets at mine and I know for sure they don't have the gathered ones there. How do you ladies with the gathered wallets like yours?

This is a good question as I wanted to buy either the madison or kristin checkbook wallets or the gathered zip wallet in grey with my PCE. I too usually wait to go to the outlet for a wallet, but they never have checkbook wallets at mine and I know for sure they don't have the gathered ones there. How do you ladies with the gathered wallets like yours?

I love mine! It's probably the best wallet I've ever bought. This is my fourth zip around style from Coach because I love it so much. I don't carry my checkbook with me. There should be room for it though.