Coach Wallets

I know, it's kind of funny, but you can use the same mentality for a bikini. They have such a tiny amount of material - you could get a few pairs of pants and tops for the price of some bikinis!! But the same rule applies - bikinis have an intricate amout of detail - think about a T-shirt in comparison to a bikini. Just because something is small doesn't mean it isn't valuable. :biggrin:

Think about how much detail is in a wallet, how small they are and how much work has to go into them. All those sleeves, pockets, id windows, snap closures, zippers, what have you, are all being sewn into a small item. People don't think about this: you have as much detail (or more) as a bag, going into a smaller amount of space. This ups the difficulty and the time spent, therefore, wallets are more expensive.

Makes sense to me. Besides, finding a wallet that suits your needs perfectly can sometimes be harder than finding the right bag. I'm willing to pay for a wallet that is the perfect fit, but I won't say no to a good deal either ;)

I could never spend that much on a wallet. I took back a madison wallet because I couldn't justify the $98 price tag. DH scored on for me on the *bay for $50 and it's much bigger. Thats my kind of price

I got the jewel zip around wallet at the outlet for around $50 and I love it. It was on clearance though. I am not the type to have multiple wallets since this one really works for me. The larger wallets do cost more.

I think they key to finding an affordable Coach wallet is shopping in the clearance section of the outlet. I don't do ebay but they might have some reasonable ones too.

I never pay full price for wallets.
I just got the gray leather gramercy zip wallet at the outlet for 51.00 after discount. I also picked up 2 madison wallets for 31.00 each. I say hit the outlet for wallets. Save your money for the handbag of your dreams!

I do buy quite a few wallets to match my bags. So far I have 6. One of them even cost around $700. So getting a $200 wallet is not too much, the only thing I am concerned, since Coach offer discount so much on their wallets, it might not worth unless is it a limited edition that you are sure will not go to the outlets.

Personally, my Coach large zip around is too heavy and huge for me. The Coach small wallet tend to be a little smaller, but I like to use them on light outing days. Best Coach wallet I have used so far is the Poppy Small Wallet Wristlet. I can fit in 6 cards, one A-4 size folded papers, a stack of old receipts and whole bunch of coins easily. And the interior ocelot lining is just too cute to resist. :P I bought all my Coach wallets in outlet.

I spent a little over $100 at a Coach outlet for an envelope-sized, zip around wallet and I just LOVE this wallet. I don't know if I would spend $250+, but $100 seems fair to me. I use it with all my bags and I'm sure it will last me years...

I bought a wallet with my first card discount (the 25% off ones) from Coach. After my beloved Burberry wallet died ever so slowly after almost 10 years I recognised that I would have to replace her. But I was so darn picky with everything. Some of the rules that I had was it had to have a coin compartment inside the wallet - cannot handle the external ones that get bulky. It needed a billfold. It couldn't be black (gets lost in the abyss of my purses) or a zip around and it had to be classic - something I could use for another 10 years. So after literally months of looking I finally discovered my Penelope Compact Clutch and couldn't be happier. I paid $150 for it including taxes and taking off my discount. For something I use everyday and will hopefully have for at least 5 years if not its not unreasonable. If I do have it for 5 years it will cost me 8 cents a day to use. That's not bad.

Wallets are expensive, so it's better if you can find them at the outlet once they get deleted or just buy a MFF wallet. I just bought one on PCE and it was nearly $170. The PCE only saved me the tax + $30. It's pricey, but I'm very wallet picky. I hate wallets with the pink leather inside, which Coach is slowly branching away from, but purple is far and few so whenever I see a good purple leather wallet - IT'S MINE! I also need a wallet with as many card pockets as they can put in and a good coin pocket and plenty of from for receipts and coupons.

I did buy a wallet a couple PCEs ago and it was a boutique exclusive so I definitely don't regret this one because if it did make it to the outlet, probably only like 2 did, lol. It's the Madison metallic amethyst slim envelope. That is my HG wallet. The one I bought this PCE is the light raspberry Gramercy zip around. It's more of a lavender purple rather than pink or red like you might think of when you think raspberry. Very cute!

My only gripe about MFF wallets is that some are poorly made. When you look at the card pockets, sometimes they are uneven. I remember buying one for my mom for Christmas and I had to look at every single wallet to find the best one. I only bought MFF wallets up until now, which is the better way to go, but like I said, if you can find deletes at the outlet, that's the best way to go. Finding a $200 wallet at the outlet for less than half is awesome!

I know, it's kind of funny, but you can use the same mentality for a bikini. They have such a tiny amount of material - you could get a few pairs of pants and tops for the price of some bikinis!! But the same rule applies - bikinis have an intricate amout of detail - think about a T-shirt in comparison to a bikini. Just because something is small doesn't mean it isn't valuable. :biggrin:

Yeah, but like wallets, bikinis have cheaper alternatives also. It's just a matter of what kind of quality you want to get. I don't mind the MFF wallets that much, but you are getting a cheaper product. That's why I would rather get a boutique wallet at outlet prices because you get the best of both worlds. I never noticed the difference until I actually bought my first wallet at the boutique. They really do put a lot of work into getting the details right. And you're right, wallets have much more detail work involved which explains their price point.