Coach Wallets

I bought a wallet on clearance at the outlet but sold it. It wasn't a zip around and stuff kept falling out. shhh (I bought one of those hard shell clasp wallets that you see everywhere, not C and love it) :shame:I think its ridiculous that the price of a wallet if more than a bag! What ARE they thinking!

Think about how much detail is in a wallet, how small they are and how much work has to go into them. All those sleeves, pockets, id windows, snap closures, zippers, what have you, are all being sewn into a small item. People don't think about this: you have as much detail (or more) as a bag, going into a smaller amount of space. This ups the difficulty and the time spent, therefore, wallets are more expensive.

Makes sense to me. Besides, finding a wallet that suits your needs perfectly can sometimes be harder than finding the right bag. I'm willing to pay for a wallet that is the perfect fit, but I won't say no to a good deal either ;)

I bought a Coach wallet at the outlet for 87$ (originally 240$). I love it and it is indestructable! I suggest you return the wallet you just bought and wait to buy one on sale. I agree that 200$ is a lot on a walllet

I love beautiful wallets as much as beautiful bags. I have paid full price for wallets when I find the perfect one, but I don't buy a lot of them to match all my bags as I don't feel they have to match exactly.

I think it's best to check the outlet first though, if that's possible, because there are some good buys there on wallets, and maybe one from the outlet will work just as well.

I only own one full price wallet (it was $168 I believe). I got a lot of use out of it and it ewas really big. My other Coach wallets all came from the outlet -- IMO, buying a wallet at the outlet is totally worth it and a good deal; the ones at the boutique are pretty pricey.

Honestly, you can track down a decent wallet at the outlet or online for much less. The only way I would spend full price is if the wallet was limited edition or I just could NOT live without it.

Wise word are spoken.. I'm still thinking if I should get the matching wallet for the Croc Maggie.. Hoping there will be a PCE soon:graucho:

Thanks for all of your opinions. The thing is I am very picky about my wallets. I like getting unique colors such as the Brooke quartz. I doubt very much that this wallet will be at the outlet as I was told they didn't make very many of this color in the wallet. I have purchased wallets at the outlet and ended up selling them on ebay. I don't care for wristlets at all as I need organization. I think I will just hold on to the one I have and see if I can get this when the pce comes out in september and return this one I got from Macys.

No, I wouldn't. Unless I got a really good deal on it.
My wallet would be transferred from my purse to my school bag and it would just get messed up in there, and I can't be bothered to keep switching wallets, kwim?

Hell no but I did splurge on my first one back in June. It's a siggy ziparound one that matches one of my siggy totes perfectly. That sucker still came out to around $65 even with the clearance price and those 10% off coupons they were handing out. I shouldn't even have paid that much but I do love the wallet. I can never understand why those wallets cost just as much if not more than a purse.

I bought a wallet at the outlet a few years about. Can't remember how much it cost but it was way less than $100. I wouldn't pay $200 or more for a wallet. I can buy a purse for that much!

Maybe just having one full priced wallet would be good- think about how often you use your wallet in the span of a day- sometimes it's ALOT! I know it makes sense to save the big bucks on a nice bag that everyone can see (like alot of people said) but people tend to rotate bags alot more often than wallets, and having that one, super nice wallet that will last along time might be worth it...depends on what kind of wallet it is though.

Do you think it is worth spending $200 & up for a Coach wallet? I love the wallets but I could be putting that money towards a purse that everyone sees. I did buy the Brooke zip around wallet but now having doubts about keeping it.

Hi Valkrie
If you can afford it and you totally fell in love with this Brooke zip around wallet, I don't see what's wrong paying $200 for it.
I know lots of members here scored good stuff in great price at outlets or evilbay. To be honest, I never had any luck like them. If I don't get it at full price boutique now, I would never be able to get it at all.

I have paid that for a wallet! I bought the small Legacy French Frame wallet when it first came out! I have used it about 3x's. I prefer the larger wallets! I have also bought some other Coach wallets fp because I had to have them! (very impulsive buyer!) An SA at Nordstrom said that for what you pay for a wallet, you could put that towards a purse!! Now, I either go to the Nordstrom Rack and see if they have Coach or buy Hobo International. I also go to the outlet and buy wallets! Lately, the wallets at the outlet have been way cheap considering they are Coach!!! You can use what you have!!

Lynne :biggrin: