Coach umbrella problems

Nope because I had spent 100s if not 1000s of Dollars there before they gave me the $50.

Anyway despite the all the Negative Nancy's who have shown up, I called customer service and they have agreed to let me send the umbrella back and once they determine it's defective, I'll be issued a replacement or credit for a new umbrella. So there.

Glad you got it resolved! Sorry about the rudeness on here. we aren't all like that :smile:

Glad you got it resolved! Sorry about the rudeness on here. we aren't all like that :smile:

Thanks. It's crazy. I see ppl on here complaining about tiny scratches or keeping a bag for a year and then trying to return it and buy it back for a discount and nobody says anything. But if I expect Coach to stand behind a defective item, I get called pathetic and unreasonable. Unbelievable!

I think any brand could break on occasion. I bought my DD Coach umbrella a year ago, she lives in a very rainy windy climate in a big city commuting on public transportation so she uses it all the time. I recently visited her and saw that umbrella and it still looked new and functioned well and my DD is not careful with her things at all. So you had bad luck with yours, things happen.

I think any brand could break on occasion. I bought my DD Coach umbrella a year ago, she lives in a very rainy windy climate in a big city commuting on public transportation so she uses it all the time. I recently visited her and saw that umbrella and it still looked new and functioned well and my DD is not careful with her things at all. So you had bad luck with yours, things happen.

Absolutely. However I am careful with all my things. When the umbrella wasn't in use it was tucked away in my car or purse. It had never been blown backwards with the wind or anything. Suddenly it just didn't work. I am now satisfied with how Coach is handling it and I will post an update when possible. Thanks.

Absolutely. However I am careful with all my things. When the umbrella wasn't in use it was tucked away in my car or purse. It had never been blown backwards with the wind or anything. Suddenly it just didn't work. I am now satisfied with how Coach is handling it and I will post an update when possible. Thanks.
good luck, see if they can repair it, hope they can. i think people might felt sensitive and didn't reply to you in a favorable manner because you said you won't buy anything from Coach ever over broken umbrella that you only paid $8 for.

but i agree umbrella should last longer than that, unfortunately depends where you live though. my DD lives in UK and and went through at least 10 umbrellas in 7 years, all broke including heavy duty manly type, i was actually shocked that this one is still fine. she has two though so she probably only uses this one in a light rain, don't know. i will ask how much she uses it because i might want one myself then too

Nope because I had spent 100s if not 1000s of Dollars there before they gave me the $50.

Anyway despite the all the Negative Nancy's who have shown up, I called customer service and they have agreed to let me send the umbrella back and once they determine it's defective, I'll be issued a replacement or credit for a new umbrella. So there.

OMG! Did you stomp your foot as you typed that? That's hysterical. :lol:
---
Just because someone posts a viewpoint different from yours on a subject - doesn't necessarily make them a negative nancy. Not everyone is going to agree with what is posted. And I haven't noticed anyone being rude to you. Opinions were stated politely. What could be considered rude to some, was some of your responses to the comments made.

The pendulum can also swing the other way on most topics - for every negatie nancy there is a little miss sunshine pollyanna. It works both ways.

Happily, you go the result you wanted - a chance for a replacement umbrella.

OMG! Did you stomp your foot as you typed that? That's hysterical. :lol:
---
Just because someone posts a viewpoint different from yours on a subject - doesn't necessarily make them a negative nancy. Not everyone is going to agree with what is posted. And I haven't noticed anyone being rude to you. Opinions were stated politely. What could be considered rude to some, was some of your responses to the comments made.

The pendulum can also swing the other way on most topics - for every negatie nancy there is a little miss sunshine pollyanna. It works both ways.

Happily, you go the result you wanted - a chance for a replacement umbrella.

No foot stomp. Maybe a hair flip :smile:.