coach trade in

It is worth it dependent on why you do it and how much you expect to make. The program itself is generally good as it keeps a lot of bags out of landfills. They can restore the bags or upcraft them. They do charge quite a bit to purchase those but that is up to however Coach wants to do it, and people are paying the high prices.

As for trading in a bag you generally get anywhere between 40 and 140 dependent on how much the bag originally cost, and its current condition. You can use that credit for something in the store or online. Sometimes it is handy if you are having trouble selling a bag, or know that you want something from Coach and want some credit $$ available. You do not make much but it is an option to move a bag along.

I did not have a favorable experience, strictly as it relates to what they give. I took in a new rogue 17 - perfect condition, nothing missing & they went into some binder & offered me $50 for it. Um, no thank you. I agree, the resale market is a pain anymore but I would expect $50 from a true resale place, like Style Encore, not Coach, particularly when you know they'll list it in their restored or upcrafted for likely more than full retail.

Reactions: holiday123
I took about 3 coach purses yestaerday. they offered me for one that was originally $798, $120.00
i had the croc embossed ashley original $598.00 they offered $80 and another they could not identify $40.00

I took in 2 NWT bags that retailed for $550 and they offered me $140 each. Traded in 1 because I knew I'd never use it and would net about the same after fees on resale sites. I took 1 back home to either use or rehome as it would sell for more on the resale sites. The one I traded in they put on their reloved for over $350.

The reloved credit seems I have to use as a coupon code, which means I cannot combine with an actual coupon for % off or gift with purchase. Some have said CS can help, but then I wouldn't be able to also get the cashback from rak**en or similar. I tried to use the credit in the store and the manager couldn't even find it under my account from his computer even with me showing him on my phone.

Don't think I'll trade in any more bags. I'd rather give to family than Coach.

I took in 2 NWT bags that retailed for $550 and they offered me $140 each. Traded in 1 because I knew I'd never use it and would net about the same after fees on resale sites. I took 1 back home to either use or rehome as it would sell for more on the resale sites. The one I traded in they put on their reloved for over $350.

The reloved credit seems I have to use as a coupon code, which means I cannot combine with an actual coupon for % off or gift with purchase. Some have said CS can help, but then I wouldn't be able to also get the cashback from rak**en or similar. I tried to use the credit in the store and the manager couldn't even find it under my account from his computer even with me showing him on my phone.

I totally understand. I always say I won’t do it again, but then end up with a bag that doesn’t sell easily so I do it again, lol. (Or isn’t right for gifting) I have mixed feelings about it but mostly just see it as another option when I need it.

I've been thinking about this for a bag that is ~10ish years old. I don't know what it was called - the leather is a gunmetal color with a slight metallic tint - I find the leather and color to be absolutely stunning. It was of the era of the crinkle leather, where it was almost gathered into rows, if that makes sense? (Reminds me of Miu Miu.) It's a large satchel with an extra strap and is pristine, except in the closet something has happened only with the handles -- they've become sticky. I've tried cleaning, conditioning and can't get the tackiness feeling to go away... so I've thought maybe they could fix the handles and resell it... I'll revert if I take it in and learn anything more, but it's not hopeful to see the experience about how the credit works :hrmm:.

Reactions: holiday123
So do you just walk into a store and say you want to do a trade in? Or do you have to contact them beforehand?
The city I live near only 1 of the 3 stores participated. One said they would help facilitate sending the bag to the participating store. The other said you could get a quote via zoom or similar. I was planning on going to the participating store anyway so didn't explore the other options.

• Insightful
Reactions: mel823