Coach Taxi Tote - opinions please

1. Hi all,

I would like to put the Coach Taxi Tote on my wishlist. I was wondering if you could give me your opinions on this bag. To be honest, I was looking at the LV Neverfull MM in Damier Ebene, but DH thinks it is a little costly for just a tote. As well, leather would be nice. Anyway would love to hear your thoughts and comments...also any you might have about the LV Neverfull, if any would be a bonus too. TIA!

2. I like the taxi tote, but find the bottom a bit wide for me.

3. agree the bottom is a bit wide for me too. TBH used to love the neverfull, but never did buy it because of the thin straps, and I'm glad I bought the totally instead because I see a neverfull everywhere I go.

4. I just ordered the zebra taxi friday so I'll let you know, I'm super excited to get it!!

5. Well .. how do I feel about them? :P

I just got the Ocelot today and have had the Orange one for about a week. Yes, I know it does not look Orange, there was just really bad lighting in my hallway today and the camera angle is off, but I LOVE them!! They are both the 28 size :smile:.

Orange Bandaid Tote.jpg Ocelot Taxi Tote_1.jpg
  6. Thanks for the modelling pics! They look great on you! :biggrin:

Just for reference, how tall are you? I'm only 5"1

7. I can't really comment on the Taxi Tote, because I don't have it. I did have the Madison East West Tote, and it was very nice. Coach does make some nice totes. I also had a Neverfull PM. I carried it daily for five straight years. Other than the patina on the vachetta leather, it still looked like new. The canvas was flawless. I passed it on to my mother. Even though it was a great bag, I couldn't see myself buying another at the current prices (which will only go up). The reason I started looking more closely at Coach (I previously I had only owned Coach small leather goods) was because I thought LV's prices were starting to get ridiculous for canvas bags.

8. Thank you for your honesty - like you the price is the reason I am starting to look at Coach again - especially for a tote...I wish they still made the Madison E/W - that was one of my faves!

9. Thanks :smile:. I hate taking pics so I made sure I turned away from the camera .. LOL! I am 5' 6", so just a bit taller ;). I think the 28 might be too big for you esp. if you are not plus-sized (for lack of a better non-trigger word) like me. Maybe try the zip-top one (which is a size down from this) or the 24 size (which was a tiny thing on me).

In terms of the NF -- I have always wanted one, but could not see myself paying those prices for canvas. I do have a few Burberry Haymarket totes in coated canvas (which I got on sale at the outlet) and they have held up really well.

10. I recently bought the camo Taxi tote and I have a monogram LV neverfull pm. I prefer my taxi tote for the simple fact that it has a zipper. It's actually one of my favorite bags 😊

11. Here's the camo on me. I'm only 5'3 😃 ImageUploadedByPurseForum1418142558.954314.jpg

12. i like the Tatum Whiplash Totes best of all.

13. I love my Taxi Tote 28 in black! I don't have any pics of it yet. But I use it a lot and love it! Finally a tote with enough of a shoulder drop and nice thin straps. Gold hardware is really beautiful. Textured leather is durable but softer than saffiano.
    P.S. The 28 has no zipper, just a dogleash closure. Not an issue for me.

14. +1
    It's so comfortable. I have mine loaded up as a work tote & it's perfect!
    View attachment 2828217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice