Coach Tabby collection

Bagmedic

Oct 7, 2017
Thought I'd start a thread on this newer collection. I'm considering purchasing a Tabby 26 shoulder bag to use for days I just need essentials.

Or the Tabby Top Handle but thought I read one post regarding the closure and wondering if the snap closure is strong enough if the bag is heavy.

Also considering using the Tabby Clutch as a large wallet.

So hoping we can gather comments and share info on Tabby!

Reactions: americandreaming
I have the saddle top handle and I love it. It fits a lot - more than I carry on a daily basis. I can't really say if the clasp would hold if it was filled and heavy. I would think it would though. It doesn't just randomly pop open. In fact sometimes it's a pain getting it to close. Maybe because it's not full. Or maybe because I'm wearing it crossbody and can't see what I'm doing.

I wanted to get the 26 in oxblood next but almost every tabby is sold out on their site. Of the 40 they have, only 8 are in stock or backordered. Seems like it happened all at once too. I added the tabby to my cart, looked around and when I went to check out it said they were out of stock. I searched tabby again and that's when I discovered it wasn't the only one sold out. Weird, right?

Reactions: americandreaming
I have the saddle top handle and I love it. It fits a lot - more than I carry on a daily basis. I can't really say if the clasp would hold if it was filled and heavy. I would think it would though. It doesn't just randomly pop open. In fact sometimes it's a pain getting it to close. Maybe because it's not full. Or maybe because I'm wearing it crossbody and can't see what I'm doing.

I wanted to get the 26 in oxblood next but almost every tabby is sold out on their site. Of the 40 they have, only 8 are in stock or backordered. Seems like it happened all at once too. I added the tabby to my cart, looked around and when I went to check out it said they were out of stock. I searched tabby again and that's when I discovered it wasn't the only one sold out. Weird, right?
I think it is an error too. There is no way they suddenly sold out considering they weren’t on sale.

I think it is an error too. There is no way they suddenly sold out considering they weren’t on sale.
Would be unprecedented (but amazing) if they actually sold out. Agree with Alexa that it's probably error or they're moving them to the sale or knowing Coach they probably deleted them and they'll be at the outlet later for 70% off LMAO.
Website is showing all sorts of things sold out that I'm having a hard time believing. A novelty strap that had 9 left sold out overnight? I don't think so. All those holiday charms sold out? A card case that wasn't even low stock, sold out... I have a feeling that they're deleted or something wonky is going on.

I'll add my tabby collection. I only have the tweed 26, which has removable buckles, and the KF top handle.
The 26 I have trouble lining up the closure, but it's not a deal breaker. I can fit about the same as I can in a dinky. If you use the middle zip as a wallet then can fit a bit more, but bag is pretty narrow so if you use all the compartments and slip pockets then it will make each section tighter. I have 3 extra buckles so will probably pick up another 26 just to be able to get the most use out of them.
I just got the top handle, but the closure seems OK. You have to push a button to unlock it so an extra bit of security. I'll update once I've had a chance to use it.

Attachments

• IMG_20191225_162105__01.jpg
    IMG_20191225_162105__01.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_20191225_161634_01.jpg
    IMG_20191225_161634_01.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_20191101_141208__01.jpg
    IMG_20191101_141208__01.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_20191108_154149__01.jpg
    IMG_20191108_154149__01.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_20191207_140637__01.jpg
    IMG_20191207_140637__01.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 719
I'll add my tabby collection. I only have the tweed 26, which has removable buckles, and the KF top handle.
The 26 I have trouble lining up the closure, but it's not a deal breaker. I can fit about the same as I can in a dinky. If you use the middle zip as a wallet then can fit a bit more, but bag is pretty narrow so if you use all the compartments and slip pockets then it will make each section tighter. I have 3 extra buckles so will probably pick up another 26 just to be able to get the most use out of them.
I just got the top handle, but the closure seems OK. You have to push a button to unlock it so an extra bit of security. I'll update once I've had a chance to use it.
May I ask - how much do the buckles cost? Tried to locate on coach.com

I absolutely love the Tabby! I haven’t gravitated to Coach in a while but I had walked by a Coach store and these caught my eye. I have the crossbody version in the gold and silver and the 26 in the wildebeest. Does anyone have the purple ombré????? The interesting thing about them all of the sudden being “sold out” was there was a discount code pop up really early in the morning on the website saying enter your email for 30% off “certain” styles (code was boxing19) but didn’t tell you what the styles were. Anything I tried to add to my cart and use this code for said the code was ineligible for that specific item. I wonder if they all of the sudden showed all the Tabbys as sold out to block people from using the discount code on these styles?

I stopped by Dillards tonight and they had the Tabby 26 in a few colors and they are 40% off! If my SA can't match it (the 40% off isn't on the Dillards.com site), I'll buy one at Dillards tomorrow. I really like the deep red color and that's the one I'll get tomorrow.

The others I saw at Dillards were:
Black w/ gold C
Oxblood w/ gold C
Black w/ Wild beast print
1941 Saddle w/ suede
Rivet (burnished saddle w/ black suede and rivets) - might be my next one
Black and signature
Light surplus with whipstitching

Well I just called Dillards to have them hold me the deep red Tabby 26 and I’d pick it up tonight but they told me it was a 1 day sale and back to full price. I asked 3 SAs who were standing around how long the sale was and no one could answer. Hard to find good help and a reason I don’t enjoy retail shopping any more. I’d rather just shop online since the SA is no value add.

I’ll just wait on it then!