Coach Swagger 27 Butterfly

I try to buy directly from Coach. Anything purchased elsewhere could be a replica. There is an authentication thread here if you are concerned.

I wanted the Rainbow stitch Swagger 27 and I couldn't find any at the Coach store so I looked on EBay. I saw 2 there that were replicas so be cautious there are most likely replicas of the Butterly Swagger somewhere too.

Last edited:
I try to buy directly from Coach. Anything purchased elsewhere could be a replica. There is an authentication thread here if you are concerned.

I wanted the Rainbow stitch Swagger 27 and I couldn't find any at the Coach store so I looked on EBay. I saw 2 there that were replicas so be cautious there are most likely replicas of the Butterly Swagger somewhere too.

Yes I'm just hoping maybe all the hand painted butterflies individual riveted to the bag would make it counterfeiter kryptonite, or at least make the fakes very obvious fakes. So maybe my question is, are they any good fakes out there?

Yes I'm just hoping maybe all the hand painted butterflies individual riveted to the bag would make it counterfeiter kryptonite, or at least make the fakes very obvious fakes. So maybe my question is, are they any good fakes out there?
To be on the safe side I would have the authenticators here give their opinion on any handbag that is not purchased directly from Coach. Counterfeiters can copy anything but it doesn't mean the craftsmanship is the same. Why do you want to know about a good fake? In my opinion NO fakes are GOOD. :smile:

To be on the safe side I would have the authenticators here give their opinion on any handbag that is not purchased directly from Coach. Counterfeiters can copy anything but it doesn't mean the craftsmanship is the same. Why do you want to know about a good fake? In my opinion NO fakes are GOOD. :smile:

I'm in an industrious city in Southern China literally just down the street from the factory that makes Coach bags. There's a local outlet market which the factories around here use to offload their sample rooms when they need to make room for next seasons bags, factory seconds, etc... and ran across a shop which had two of these butterfly swaggers and they looked really great. However, the same market is also littered with fakes and replicas so you really need to know your stuff to tell what's from what. You also need to be extra careful when it's Coach so when I try to authenticate something usually step one is to research the existence of fakes and then go from there. :smile:

I'm in an industrious city in Southern China literally just down the street from the factory that makes Coach bags. There's a local outlet market which the factories around here use to offload their sample rooms when they need to make room for next seasons bags, factory seconds, etc... and ran across a shop which had two of these butterfly swaggers and they looked really great. However, the same market is also littered with fakes and replicas so you really need to know your stuff to tell what's from what. You also need to be extra careful when it's Coach so when I try to authenticate something usually step one is to research the existence of fakes and then go from there. :smile:

Fakes are definitely everywhere.
The only way to be sure is to just buy from the Coach store and you don't have to worry :smile:

Yes, there can be very good fakes out there of every style. Also, if you buy on a resale site the pictures you see may not be the actual bag you receive.

Reactions: IngaBritt