Coach sunnies

chinahopes

Oct 26, 2008
I was at the outlet yesterday and I saw a pair of Coach sunglasses that I like. This weekend, there is going to be a sale so I can get an extra 10% off. I have a pair of D&G big black sunnies that im thinking about selling, in order to get these (basically trading them out for new ones.) my D&Gs are in good condition, but I've had them for 3 years so im just kinda ready for some new ones. I'm wondering, do you have coach sunglasses? have they held up well? i'd hate to sell my D&Gs and then not be ecstatic with the Coach's after a little while. They seem to be really well made (probably even more so than my D&Gs), but Im curious how yours have held up?

Mine are over a year old.
Still in great shape.
The lenses have minor wear but no significant scratches or anything.
I'm guilty of wearing them atop my head and stretching them....my fault.

i'm just wondering about the optics of the coach sunglasses? i was in the market for a new pair a couple weeks ago, as i broke my oakleys..... i went to the outlet and the only one that coach had were fugly and didn't fit my face well... plus hubby brought up the whole optics thing.... oakly just has such superior optics to most other brands out there..... even after buying the oakleys i was looking at macy*s to see what they had and hubby again aske me how i could look at glasses with inferior optics? he made me feel like i was looking at $5.00 swap meet glasses!?

i have two pair of coach glasses, and i definitely prefer them to my d&g. you're right, they feel like they're made better---i'm always worried about breaking my dolce's. anyway, stormi, all i know is that the lenses are not polarized, but i don't know how that compares to oakley since i've never had a pair of those (my husband swears by them and says the same thing about my coach glasses, but he's a PITA so i don't listen to him that much :P) even with the 10% off, i would go for it, but hold off on selling your d&g's until you're sure you're gonna keep your coach ones. you can always ask the staff at the store to walk outside and see what they're like in the daylight.

wow, i'm rambling. good luck!

i'm just wondering about the optics of the coach sunglasses? i was in the market for a new pair a couple weeks ago, as i broke my oakleys..... i went to the outlet and the only one that coach had were fugly and didn't fit my face well... plus hubby brought up the whole optics thing.... oakly just has such superior optics to most other brands out there..... even after buying the oakleys i was looking at macy*s to see what they had and hubby again aske me how i could look at glasses with inferior optics? he made me feel like i was looking at $5.00 swap meet glasses!?
if he's talking about polarized vs. non polarized, it's not necessary unless you're on the water or in the snow. The Quinn's are the only polarized Coach glasses.

no... optics in general (none of my oakleys are polarized.... especially my sport ones as it makes the screen of my gps wonky!:Push:smile:

we were able to see a demo of oakley lenses at the TOC a couple year ago not to mention what we've read on the optics and how the lenses are made... (made me a believer to never ever buy cheap sunglasses again!)

I have two pair of Coach sunnies and they have held up great over the past year. The only problem I ever had was due to my own stupidity (put the sunnies in my purse unprotected, which led to the lenses getting all scratched up). I took them to my boutique and they sent them in for repair. It cost me around $30.00 to have both lenses replaced and they came back looking like new!

I have two pair of Coach sunnies and they have held up great over the past year. The only problem I ever had was due to my own stupidity (put the sunnies in my purse unprotected, which led to the lenses getting all scratched up). I took them to my boutique and they sent them in for repair. It cost me around $30.00 to have both lenses replaced and they came back looking like new!
I need to do this for my Sienna's. They fell off my face on to gravel. Thanks for reminding me to send them in.

I have two pairs of Coach Sunnies - Judi and Scarlett. They're absolutely fabulous and well made. Coach Sunnies are made by Marchon which also makes Oprah's sunnies, Fendi and Sean John. I'm not sure but I think they also make Oakley's Sunnies too.

I have been wearing my LV's lately but the coach sunnies are perfect here are mine
bur.jpg

charlee.jpg

c1-1.jpg

oo1.jpg

I have four pair -my favorites are my Peony's - got them on Ebay after the color I wanted sold out - they fit perfectly, go with everything and are durable - they lived with me on my two week vacation in Italy a year and a half ago and still look like new! I just got the brand new Allegra's in the silver (white and silver) which are my first wire frame glasses from Coach and I'm interested to see how they hold up. My other two pair I got at TJ Maxx for super cheap!

I have 2 pairs of Coach sunglasses, and I love them both. One in black and one in burgundy. My only complaint is the case is a bit too big and heavy, it doesn't fit some of my bags. However, their sunglasses are pretty and durable.