Coach storage problem solved! It was fate!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
    My coach bags are taking over my closet and I have been thinking about ways to expand my storage options. This morning I was out doing some errands and I saw a sign for an estate sale proclaiming "final sale, everything half-off today!"

I decided to see what they had, there wasn't much left but I spotted a pretty cedar hope chest (1940s or 50s) in very good condition. It was a nice size but not too large and I knew that I have the perfect spot for it in our spare bedroom. It was marked $125 but would come to $62.50 at half price. I checked my wallet and I had exactly $62 plus .85 cents in change! I knew then that it was meant to be mine!

I borrowed a tape measure and determined that it would "just fit" into my car. I got it for $62 even and they threw in a pretty embroided dresser scarf for free. Two kind gentlemen put it into my car.

My husband isn't home yet so we haven't moved it into the house; but I hope that he likes it. I'm really pleased - sometimes you just get lucky!

2. What a great deal for something you really need, cedar chests are so useful. You'll have to post pictures with all the ladies in their new home.

3. What a great find! Yes, please post pictures...

4. Thanks, I will!

5. great deal!!! that is fate lol.

6. The chest is older than I thought! There is a paper label on the bottom from the "Tennessee Furniture Co" in Chattanoga. I did some research and found that although the company had been in business for a long time under a few different names, it was only called "Tennessee Furniture Co" from 1920 to 1937! :biggrin:

7. What a great find!!!
    Lucky You!!

Lynne :biggrin:

8. It's sounds really nice! Great find!

9. Awesome! I love finding furniture that is exactly right. I hope you post pictures! :smile:

10. i wanna see!!!!!

11. Sounds awesome. Post pictures when you get a chance!

12. Nice find! You were in the right place at the right time! Can't wait to see the pic's!!

13. Sounds awesome!! I posted this morning about storing my bags.....I noticed that you said the chest was from the Chattanooga Furniture Co.....I don't live far from Chattanooga...Are you from the south as well?

14. Awesome!!! I have been using our cedar chest to store mine too, as we live in an old house with VERY small closets. It works perfectly! Congrats on your new (old) chest...I just love estate furniture :smile:

15. No, I am near Chicago; although the chest was made in TN it was sold at a furniture store in Chicago.