Coach Signature Scarf purse, why is it so low on ebay? no wants this pretty gem?

pastrami

Jan 15, 2008
Was planning on picking one of these up for the wifey and was curious to see how much it was on ebay and it's super low!

I thought this was one of the hot items you ladies were hoping to get and I thought it looked pretty cute.

Should I get this bag for the wifey, is it really ugly or something?

Thanks in adv!

Hi,
How nice to get something for your wife!!! Do you have a picture or a link?
Without seeing a picture, cost could be low depending on how long the auction is or that it is fake.

Lynne :biggrin:

If you have the style number, condition and price we could give you more info on how good of a deal it is. Pics would be really helpful!

(We must have been posting at the same time, just saw you posted more info!)

If you have the style number, condition and price we could give you more info on how good of a deal it is. Pics would be really helpful!

(We must have been posting at the same time, just saw you posted more info!)

no problem! I'm glad people are helping clueless little me :smile:

I'm just comparing it to the store, it's like $300 at the store from what I remember still need to head out there but wanted to settle on something before I go or else I'll have to spend hrs fighting the crowd.

So yeah, it's about $300 at the store (not including the 30% off), and the ones on ebay seems new with tags and stuff so dunno why there's such a discrepancy.

If you are considering buying from Ebay I would recommend posting the link to the auction in the "authenticate" Coach thread (first page of the thread has the format). They can help make sure it's authentic if you're unfamiliar with the styles.
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-577470.html#post14912099
Hope that helps!

thanks! i might bite the bullet and go with the store just in case.

any thoughts on the style? the purse looks cute by itself, but I was wondering if it's hard to match/carry around ...

eeeeh...
where did you see this bag?? @ the outlet?
cuz if so, there is no way it was sold it for $300+
This is a MFF bag so it won't be sold for MSRP. MFF = made for factory.

and trust me, eBay sellers won't lose money selling on coach.
if they are selling it for under $100, that means they paid for under $100.

yeah, hoping to get brownie pts. with the wifey. :smile: I just hope I get the right purse :sad:

I'm not too sure about the rules so I didn't put up any ebay links.
Here's the first image that comes up from google image search
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...d=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=93&ty=83&biw=1605&bih=989

Here's the ebay results from the keyword search. I checked the completed listings and some are sold for under $100?!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=coach+Scarf+Print+Signature+Purse+Tote

Thanks again for the help!

HI,
Just looking at the link you posted, most of the bags with the scarf print are MFF bags - Made For Factory so they are sold only at the outlet. If you look at the Price tag (on the picture if one is posted), you will see an F in front of style number. Most of those do look real but like Mrs.Pink said best to get Authenticated. The Scarf print may be cheaper because the seller got it on clearance at the outlet then they post it on Ebay and have an auction for so many days. They start the bids low then the demand will drive the price high. If you decide on a purse from Ebay, I would wait and bid at the very end so no one can outbid you and drive prices higher!
Good Luck!!!

Lynne :biggrin:

they were in the 50%clearance + the 30%coupon last week at charleston sc outlet. plus i think they are fug (my opinion,sorry in advance!)...so sellers bought low and sell what looks like ebay-low.

I don't like them either but I guess the guys do. I saw a young guy getting one for his girl/wife last weekend and I wanted to steer him to the FP or at least the nice looking MFF. If I was you, go to the outlet and pick her out the traditional C print in the knaki and you won't go wrong!

...and yes, its really ugly..to answer your question;)

I don't like them either but I guess the guys do. I saw a young guy getting one for his girl/wife last weekend and I wanted to steer him to the FP or at least the nice looking MFF. If I was you, go to the outlet and pick her out the traditional C print in the knaki and you won't go wrong!

...and yes, its really ugly..to answer your question;)

I second that. Sorry, that color combination is :sick:. If you have a bit more money to spend, hit up Macy's. I'm sure they have some great Coach bags on sale that look better than that bag on eBay.

i think the print isnt bad, i got a cosmetic case in that print (for $20!!! insane!) but ive def seen those for $99 when they werent on sale at the outlet, and im sure theyre priced much lower now, if you really want to get it for your wife.

Did your wife specifically ask for this one? If she loves it that's all that matters. I'd buy it at the outlet since it's probably pretty cheap right now.
If she didn't specifically ask for this one, I'd go with something else. That's not a bag that everyone will love. I don't know who told you this was a hot item we were all hoping for, but I think that bit of info was very wrong.

Did your wife specifically ask for this one? If she loves it that's all that matters. I'd buy it at the outlet since it's probably pretty cheap right now.
If she didn't specifically ask for this one, I'd go with something else. That's not a bag that everyone will love. I don't know who told you this was a hot item we were all hoping for, but I think that bit of info was very wrong.

^^ITA. If she didn't ask for this one specifically, I would get suggest getting her something else.