Coach Signature Revival (a.k.a. "Archival" trend)

I'm sure the fakes will come back too. There still must be enough of that fake Sig C fabric kicking around China to carpet not just all of Beijing but the entire Forbidden City as well.
You're not kidding. It would be funny if it wasn't true. I still see the occasional Goach and awful Sig wannabe at a certain thriftshop. The force is strong with them, u fortunately.

I posted this in a different thread but will show it here too. I saw one of the signature bags last night at the Boutique. I am not drawn to the style of the bag regardless of what it is made out of but I really did not like the signature either. The bag itself is really structured and stiff. It has pretty leather on the side but I just can't get past the style and the signature coated fabric/canvas/whatever it is. :biggrin:20180220_201722.jpg

I'm sure the fakes will come back too. There still must be enough of that fake Sig C fabric kicking around China to carpet not just all of Beijing but the entire Forbidden City as well.
LOL. I think that's why the new signature fabric is coated for a "fresh" start. I do like the shapes and colors of the patchwork Rileys as a collector's piece, but the signature fabric is keeping me at bay for now.

It does appear to be well made from the pictures, but I do feel that it will look dated. If only they offered this in solid leather.

Reactions: fayden
I posted this in a different thread but will show it here too. I saw one of the signature bags last night at the Boutique. I am not drawn to the style of the bag regardless of what it is made out of but I really did not like the signature either. The bag itself is really structured and stiff. It has pretty leather on the side but I just can't get past the style and the signature coated fabric/canvas/whatever it is. :biggrin:View attachment 3975881

I do still see people walking around with C-monogram bags, but I think it's mostly for practical purposes (a.k.a. a worry-free bag) rather than a fashion statement.

Not a fan. My collection only has one monogram - Speedy and that's because I bought it in 2005. Have not worn it in ages but I keep it because it's classic. Also I bought it for $400 and if I sold it, sure I would make some money but I think it's something that will go in the vaults for the rest of my life. I just do not like to wear something that has a logo all over it. :no:
The only monogram items I've held onto are my LV Porte Billets Carte Bleue wallet that I bought in 2006 and my LV Cles that I bought in 2007. I am using both now. The wallet, despite being 13 years old (from its manufacturing date), still looks spanking new. The only part of the Cles that has wear is the plating on the zipper and the key ring. Otherwise, it looks fine.

Reactions: fayden
I actually like the signature bags and always have, especially the black on black sateen. I have a wristlet in that print that is one of my go-to small bags for dh’s occasional business dinners I attend with him.

It probably helps that my name starts with C. :P

I don’t carry leather much anymore due to shoulder/neck issues, so I prefer the fabric and coated canvas bags.

I also love LV’s monogram print. I think it is very pretty and feminine. I generally carry de or da, but I do have a few bags in the mono and they still bring me a great deal of pleasure.

It may matter that I am older and I don’t much care what is in or out of fashion. One of the perks of being a “little old lady!” :amuse:

I agree they shout outlet bag to me
Not just outlet bag, but we're taking the mickey by charging you Coach leather bag prices for a canvas outlet bag.

I freely admit that I own two LV canvas bags (neither are Mono - I don't like that any better than Coach signature print). Coated canvas is light and durable - all good. My LVs were expensive, but they are not the same price as their leather counterparts.

Coach has this to say on their website:

It’s more than just a pattern—it’s part of the fabric of
who we are. This season, it’s remixed and recontextualized
on all-new bags, ready-to-wear and more.

What drew me to Coach is their legacy of well-made, leather bags. I thought that's what they were getting back to. Coach has the right to reinvent themselves in any way they want, just as I have the right to be turned off by a return to what I personally consider to be tacky. I'm not sure that I'll buy another Coach bag, given that I think they've just gone back to what kept me away from the brand since the early 2000s.

Some must like them, and vive la difference. If you like and enjoy these bags, rock them in good health. :smile:

Last edited:
I don't feel personally betrayed by their use of signature. There will always be some designs I don't like, and some I don't. IMO there is no reason to condemn an entire brand because I don't like some of their stuff. I imagine there have been quite a few customers who have asked for signature recently only to be turned away. Coach may be reacting to that.

I don't feel personally betrayed by their use of signature. There will always be some designs I don't like, and some I don't. IMO there is no reason to condemn an entire brand because I don't like some of their stuff. I imagine there have been quite a few customers who have asked for signature recently only to be turned away. Coach may be reacting to that.

This is true -- they definitely have not gone the route of entirely abandoned leather bags for signature ones. I'm still eyeing up that navy blue and black Double Swagger...

I notice people complaining on the Coach Facebook page all the time that they want signature back.

Reactions: Hobbsy