Coach shopping bag & my cat

pompilit

O.G.
Nov 6, 2006
I braved the midnight madess at the outlet mall in San Marcos, TX, and I was emptying out the Coach shopping bag last night. I stepped away for not even a minute, and my one cat, Skewtur (who loves shopping bags and playing with them) ended up sticking his head in the handle of the bag and didn't know how to get it out. Next thing I know, I hear him ripping through the house with this bag caught on him, probably wondering why the bag was "attacking" him. He was running so fast that all I saw was fur flying. Finally my husband caught up to him and got the bag off. Well, the poor thing was SO frightened that he ended up urinating everywhere (that was loads fun to clean up at midnight), and he had dug his nails so hard into the carpet when he was running that he ripped of a few nails down to the quick. :sad: All four of his paws were bleeding, so we took him to the emergency vet and found out that he had ripped off 3 of his nails. My poor baby!! :crybaby: He's doing MUCH better now, but the vet put bandages that look like casts on 3 out of 4 of his paws. Needless to say, he's having a little bit of a hard time getting around, but he's doing great. I felt SO bad for him, but he's a trooper. And all cause his momma is a Coach fanatic! (I'll post pics of my purchases as soon as I have them.)

I've put pictures here of my baby with his paws all bandaged up.

Attachments

• IMG_0879.jpg
    IMG_0879.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Skew cast bed.jpg
    Skew cast bed.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 259
OOOOH!!! Poor little sweetie!!! I teared up just looking at him! But it's good that he'll be feeling better soon.

Don't blame yourself in ANY way for the incident, cats are so curious and they get into everything, you can hardly predict it. I'm just so glad your baby is doing all right. Take pics of your new bags when you can!

Oh my goodness. Glad he's okay. My cat got his head stuck through the handles of a plastic target bag today, trying to fish out a q-tip that had somehow ended up there. He looked pretty freaked, for good reason.

Awe, poor Skewtur! Poor mom, too. I can only imagine how you must feel. As said above by a previous poster, don't blame yourself and don't beat yourself up. My cat this the same thing with a plastic grocery bag and she ran around the house like she was being chased by the devil. She didn't get hurt but it sure scared the heck out of her.

aw, it's probably a good thing that your husband caught your kitty, who knows what might have happened.

i'm glad everything is okay! sucks to clean at midnight but at least your kitty is okay! lol. maybe next time he won't play with the bags, or be a little more careful.