Coach scammer caught red handed in the store

is that really for me? :shame:

cos towards the end I say it's an assumption which translates to guess which basically means she has no proof (later stated) and therefore shouldn't accuse or make that type of comment

though I agree with you whether it's true or
not
is
best left between sa and
management

Really?

first of all the SA was wrong, dead wrong , wrong, wrong, wrong,, oh did I say wrong?

if the SA thought the woman, had brought in an item that was questionable, it was not up the the SA to tell another customer. that is a NO NO

if the SA had a problem with the customer, she should of went to the manager

and who is to say that woman, didnt get that bag somewhere else, or someone else bought it for her, or she reordered it from another Coach store.

The SA was totally wrong in telling another customer of her suspicions.

If the woman did rip Coach off or did not rip them off, it was up to the SA's and Manager to handle it, and involving a customer into the mess,,,,,,,,,,was totally not COOL

I would have to agree! Totally unprofessional in my opinion!

It's hard to tell whether or not that shopper was a scammer, I guess either is possible. But I will tell you, after working retail for 7 years, that I would put nothing past a customer! I worked in an accessories store and we would see people trying to bring back merchanise from other stores that they had put our tags on; buy multiple items and then when they returned some of them they would switch and put higher priced tags on cheaper items; come in wearing an item then come up to the counter and ask to return it... I mean some people will really just AMAZE you!! I am all for good customer server but some customers just really push their luck!

I agree with Peggle as well!!
I have worked a lot of years in retail. It is totally unprofessional to talk about a customer to another customer. I may say something to my coworker or manager but never to a customer.
The customer may have bought the bag elsewhere. (I would be too embarrassed to walk into a Coach store, if I tried to scam them. ) Of course, there are people out there that try to scam everyone. (I worked in Corrections too!)

Lynne :biggrin:

My sentiments exactly. I work part time in retail, and I have some favorite customers that only come in when I'm working and I have a good relationship with them, but I would NEVER talk about a customer to another customer. So wrong in SO many ways.

Really?

first of all the SA was wrong, dead wrong , wrong, wrong, wrong,, oh did I say wrong?

if the SA thought the woman, had brought in an item that was questionable, it was not up the the SA to tell another customer. that is a NO NO

and who is to say that woman, didnt get that bag somewhere else, or someone else bought it for her, or she reordered it from another Coach store.

If the woman did rip Coach off or did not rip them off, it was up to the SA's and Manager to handle it, and involving a customer into the mess,,,,,,,,,,was totally not COOL

Really?

Yes I agree with you Peggle, that is not ethical on the part of the SA, she should not be discussing that with a customer!! :nogood: and that is speculation on her part, the woman could have gotten it in any number of ways...I would have been offended if I were the customer hearing that from an SA!

is that really for me? :shame:

cos towards the end I say it's an assumption which translates to guess which basically means she has no proof (later stated) and therefore shouldn't accuse or make that type of comment

though I agree with you whether it's true or
not
is
best left between sa and
management

to tell you the truth i didnt read your comment or anyone elses

i just read her first post and posted my statement:biggrin:

Yes I agree with you Peggle, that is not ethical on the part of the SA, she should not be discussing that with a customer!! :nogood: and that is speculation on her part, the woman could have gotten it in any number of ways...I would have been offended if I were the customer hearing that from an SA!

I wouldnt feel comfortable around that SA, if she talks about other people , then she probably talks about you too when you leave :nuts: or walking around in the store :nuts: while she helps others,, yikes

ok im thinking that the sa and her are friends its fine.. thats what I got out of it... but then again one of my SA's goes on and on about how she loves LV lol

ok im thinking that the sa and her are friends its fine.. thats what I got out of it... but then again one of my SA's goes on and on about how she loves LV lol

This is what I was thinking...that the OP's relationship with the SA is more involved then the norm, which does happen.

Really?

I totally agree with this !

Oh wow. So, the SA and I are good friends so professionalism isn't needed with me as a customer. There is only one boutique for over 100 miles in my location. The three dept stores that carry Coach, never carried this color to my knowledge. Any sane person who paid $348 for a bag, wouldn't wait 3 months to call and say they never received it.

I just wanted to add - I ordered a bag off coach before and because I didn't want to pay 1.50 for a signature as I had a pretty good feeling I was going to be home that day, I did not pay it and they did not ask for a signature. They just knocked and left it on the doorstep - if I had not been home, I could definitely see this being an issue because if anyone saw a box sitting on someone's doorstep I am pretty sure someone would most likely take it. Whenever I feel I am not going to be home and want to place an order - I do it through the SA or through JAX, both who do not charge me 1.50 for signature which I think is rather silly. To spend a good amount on a product that should be included because obviously a Coach bag should not be left sitting on a doorstep SO maybe that is what happened to this woman - it could have been stolen off her doorstep and she just assumed Coach never sent it at all. If I didn't receive a product, I would probably call and ask for another to be shipped out....who knows, maybe that is what happened?

Is it possible that she really hadn't received it? And went out and bought it?

If it were me and I didn't receive an item I would still be going out to buy it! And would go into my local Coach store just to show them that I got it no thanks to them!

That has happened to me. I didn't receive a shipment from Neimans via fed ex once and recalled for the same order. They expedited it and it came within several days....but it is possible