Coach Rogue authenticator

nancyy92

May 29, 2014
Hey Ladies! I was wondering if anyone knew a good website to get an authentication on a Coach Rogue? I've been eyeing this Coach Rogue 25 in tea rose applique for a while and although I also own a Rogue, sometimes it's so hard to tell from the photos whether the bag is authentic or not. Has anyone had good/bad experiences with specific authenticators? Thanks in advance!

nancyy92

May 29, 2014
Do you think the Rogues are copied and fake? I wouldn't think the Tea Rose ones would be fake.
I've seen fakes of the varsity and embroidered rogues on ebay before, although the tea rose ones are much more complex so I guess the chance of them being copied is less? It's an offline purchase, a friend of my colleague is moving out of town and she's selling hers. That's why I want to be 100% sure before buying because I probably won't have any recourse if I buy it and it turns out not to be authentic.

Feb 21, 2009
Atlanta Ga
I've seen fakes of the varsity and embroidered rogues on ebay before, although the tea rose ones are much more complex so I guess the chance of them being copied is less? It's an offline purchase, a friend of my colleague is moving out of town and she's selling hers. That's why I want to be 100% sure before buying because I probably won't have any recourse if I buy it and it turns out not to be authentic.
Well as you can see in my avatar I have the tea rose rogue 25 I think it would be real hard to copy it. So how do you know the embroidered rogues are fake, seems like that would be another one that would be hard to copy.

nancyy92

May 29, 2014
Well as you can see in my avatar I have the tea rose rogue 25 I think it would be real hard to copy it. So how do you know the embroidered rogues are fake, seems like that would be another one that would be hard to copy.
I can usually tell if I look closely at the stitching and the creed. A lot of the fake Rogues don't have the right creed. For example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Coach-1...040741?hash=item4660c20ce5:g:ovoAAOSwTM5Yxbrc
If you look very closely at the creed, it says "This is a Coach bag. It is made out of genuine pebble. The variations are natural characteristics of full grain leather."
I've seen this particular bag in stores before because I thought about purchasing it. This and other Coach Rogues I've seen all have the creed "This is a Coach bag. It is made of genuine glovetanned leather. Hug it. Drape it. Squeeze it. It will soften with time..."
Other than that, you can look at the small details like the stitching on the hangtag which will sometimes give it away. The stitching on a real Rogue is perfectly straight and neat, stitches are tight, and they form perfect 90 degree angles. The stitching on fake bags will sometimes show rounded corners or sloppy larger, more uneven stitches. However, stitching's not really the most reliable indicator.

Feb 21, 2009
Atlanta Ga
I can usually tell if I look closely at the stitching and the creed. A lot of the fake Rogues don't have the right creed. For example:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Coach-1...040741?hash=item4660c20ce5:g:ovoAAOSwTM5Yxbrc
If you look very closely at the creed, it says "This is a Coach bag. It is made out of genuine pebble. The variations are natural characteristics of full grain leather."
I've seen this particular bag in stores before because I thought about purchasing it. This and other Coach Rogues I've seen all have the creed "This is a Coach bag. It is made of genuine glovetanned leather. Hug it. Drape it. Squeeze it. It will soften with time..."
Other than that, you can look at the small details like the stitching on the hangtag which will sometimes give it away. The stitching on a real Rogue is perfectly straight and neat, stitches are tight, and they form perfect 90 degree angles. The stitching on fake bags will sometimes show rounded corners or sloppy larger, more uneven stitches. However, stitching's not really the most reliable indicator.
You know I have been looking at that western rogue, and for some reason it just seemed off, but I couldn't put my finger on it. The inside suede seems to be way to light..but I wasn't sure if it was just the lighting. It still confuses me on how they can copy that embroidery so well.

nancyy92

May 29, 2014
You know I have been looking at that western rogue, and for some reason it just seemed off, but I couldn't put my finger on it. The inside suede seems to be way to light..but I wasn't sure if it was just the lighting. It still confuses me on how they can copy that embroidery so well.
I know, it makes me so frustrated! There's basically no style that's immune to copying nowadays.

Reactions: yellowbernie
Feb 21, 2009
Atlanta Ga
Well if they are copying the Tea Rose, I'd like to know where they are getting the tea roses, I would love to get my hand on some to put on my black rogue since they don't seem to want to make one in the regular size..other than the python one that is $1500.00.