Coach repairs...discount coupons?

I have had to send in 4 bags for repair with sealant issues, 3 of them the legacy line. The sealant started splitting and coming off. Two of them were the legacy thompson hobo (there are a number of threads of problems with this particular bag), one an Ali. I sent them in to coach for repair and they gave me full credit to buy another bag each time. The last one sent in was a sabrina where the sealant was coming off the first day I used it. They sent me a brand new one in replacement within 4 weeks. I was happy with the way they resolved the problem. I miss the legacy bags that I will never be able to replace, but I felt coach they treated me fairly by giving me full credit.

I took mine in to the store and the SA offered me 40% off each bag (I have 3 with sealant problems) right off the bat and for me to keep the bag. I wanted to see if they can fix it cause I know of at least one cae where it was fixed. I thought it was Coach repair who would make that final determination and not the store. I will wait for 4-6 weeks now I guess. I'm just glad I have other legacy pieces that don't have this problem.

I took my Carly in due to fraying(coach told me to) at the end of may. The store said we'll give you 40% off your next purchase just turn your bag over. I said NO I want to send it in. They stood firm on the 40% off crap and I stood firm. So I called jax and then got my fee waived and mailed my bag. A few weeks later I got letter for FULL credit with tax.

What was fraying on your Carly? I have a black leather one, 2 years old, that is starting to show wear on the leather on the 4 corners on the bottom. Is this the same thing?

Can worn leather be repaired?

Do they automatically keep your bag or will they call you and ask if you want it back with the 40% coupon? I have the 07 legacy with a sealant issue and it sounds like they won't repair it, but it's worth a try to be one of the few that may get it repaired. However, if they can't fix it, I want it back!

A little different repair question....

I posted (somewhere earlier, not sure how to find it) that I had made my first outlet purchase, an orchid Zoe bag during the coupon discount sales. I got a really good deal on it because there is a VERY slight discoloration where the logo is stamped on the bag. iT made about $100 difference in the bag price.

The SA was very clear that is was "as is" I had no problem with it. I was wondering later, suppose it had a problem with a different issue, say the leather in general or a zipper or lining. Would those reasons that were NOt the reason the bag was cheaper still be under warranty?

What things does Coach warrant anyway & what do you need to have, receipt etc?

What was fraying on your Carly? I have a black leather one, 2 years old, that is starting to show wear on the leather on the 4 corners on the bottom. Is this the same thing?

Can worn leather be repaired?

I had the Khaki/Beet Carly and it was fraying at the top and the bottom. Meaning the threads were coming loose. Coach says the fabric Carly's are defective. That is why I got full credit including my tax.

Do they automatically keep your bag or will they call you and ask if you want it back with the 40% coupon? I have the 07 legacy with a sealant issue and it sounds like they won't repair it, but it's worth a try to be one of the few that may get it repaired. However, if they can't fix it, I want it back!

When I got the letter it said they would hold my bag for 30 days or I got credit. Of course I'm using credit....

QueenLouis, unfortunately worn leather can not be repaired. The corners of a bag are always the first places to show wear. It isn't similiar to the fraying Carly problem at all.

A little different repair question....

I posted (somewhere earlier, not sure how to find it) that I had made my first outlet purchase, an orchid Zoe bag during the coupon discount sales. I got a really good deal on it because there is a VERY slight discoloration where the logo is stamped on the bag. iT made about $100 difference in the bag price.

The SA was very clear that is was "as is" I had no problem with it. I was wondering later, suppose it had a problem with a different issue, say the leather in general or a zipper or lining. Would those reasons that were NOt the reason the bag was cheaper still be under warranty?

What things does Coach warrant anyway & what do you need to have, receipt etc?

Is it stamped within as "FS" which indicates "Final Sale"?

No, it isn't stamped anywhere as far as I can tell, but there was a card attached describing the problem & a receipt notation saying final sale. I have no problem with no warranty for the actual problem, but it seems other unrelated issues should still be covered.

Is it stamped within as "FS" which indicates "Final Sale"?

I'm aching to keep my metallic peyton, but am worried with all the problems of rubbing people have been discussing in other threads. If mine flaked over time could I send it in for repair? Would Coach cover that by their warranty and either fix/send credit letter or is this not covered because it's a more delicate leather? Anyone who knows the answer or has had experience with metallic flaking would be appreciated!