Coach Repair Issues

I haven't gotten anything repaired from Coach in years. Several years ago, I sent in a few things. One of them they repaired perfectly. It was a vintage bag. The strap attachments on the sides needed resewing. It sounds a lot like the repair mentioned on the Reddit thread. The other bag had a special loop that had no purpose other than to hold a hangtag. The loop needed resewing. They didn't fix it. Instead they just cut it off. That annoyed me.

The problem I've found with the service, at least back when I used it, is that you don't get to communicate with the people doing the repair. You don't even get to write up the instructions of what you want done. An SA does that. The way I remember, the SA didn't do a good job of describing what needed to be done.

I know of some people who sent in things that couldn't be repaired and Coach gave them a coupon for a brand new bag.

I once sent in a bag for repair at Coach. It was because the gold handle attachments rubbed off so much it was tarnishing. I thought they would just replace the handle attachments, but ended up giving me a credit for the cost I paid for the bag. I wasn’t happy with that so pushed for them to find a replacement because I could no longer purchase the same bag in store as it was one of those seasonal colours. They ended up finding a brand new one somewhere in a warehouse in the US and shipped it to me. It was brand new with all the foam protections still on it! I was so happy to get my bag! I think the repairs are YMMV.

I had a similar experience as above. Sent a pretty much brand new bag in because the braided strap was fraying everywhere. They decided they couldn't fix it (it just needed to be reglazed) and I was offered a gift card for the value of my bag, not my bag back. They told me the bag was disposed of and that there was no way to get it back. I was not told this was an option prior to sending it in. I'm not exactly sure how their policy is to just keep a customers bag instead of sending it back. In the end they managed to find a new bag to replace mine even tho it was already discontinued. I inquired about sending a bag for repair more recently and was told it's the same no return policy if they can't fix it so I won't be sending things to coach anymore. If you can't fix it fine, but you can't just keep it.

Yes I've learned the hard way sending in my pebbled leather black Ace satchel if its a bag you want to keep you are better off going to a cobbler and getting them to make repairs. My local one is surprisingly modest in price and their work is great.

Reactions: Tilis
I had a similar experience as above. Sent a pretty much brand new bag in because the braided strap was fraying everywhere. They decided they couldn't fix it (it just needed to be reglazed) and I was offered a gift card for the value of my bag, not my bag back. They told me the bag was disposed of and that there was no way to get it back. I was not told this was an option prior to sending it in. I'm not exactly sure how their policy is to just keep a customers bag instead of sending it back. In the end they managed to find a new bag to replace mine even tho it was already discontinued. I inquired about sending a bag for repair more recently and was told it's the same no return policy if they can't fix it so I won't be sending things to coach anymore. If you can't fix it fine, but you can't just keep it.
If they can't fix it they should give the option to upcraft it as they have some really great ideas in the reloved section.

If they can't fix it they should give the option to upcraft it as they have some really great ideas in the reloved section.
This would be a fantastic idea! Even better if they would also offer it for bags we were just tired of.
What I find incredibly ridiculous is that they won't be bothered to ship my bag back but they have zero problem telling customers to ship back product and reorder instead of just price matching.

Hi, back in the day I had a 1996 Patricia’s legacy that was showing excessive wear on the front flap. No amount of cleaning and conditioning helped. took it to the store in 1999 and they sent it in for repair. A few weeks later coach sent me a new purse. However the new purse had a faintly stamped creed and left part of the serial, the backside of the inner zipper pouch isn’t colored fully (shows white strip of un dyed leather) one would think it was a counterfeit based on that. I never complained, they sent me a new purse after all ( that I think was never inspected) . So I’m sending her back in because the stitching in the handle and a spot at the flap are loose. I want to start using her again, but I’m seriously wondering if they’re going to give me an issue.

6E309881-598A-4368-8C5D-7C7A4FB1E067.jpeg

3392694F-97DC-4B19-B3CB-47C1CF00B382.jpeg

AE3B2BF3-31E0-4392-9016-10A634EAB628.jpeg

Hi, back in the day I had a 1996 Patricia’s legacy that was showing excessive wear on the front flap. No amount of cleaning and conditioning helped. took it to the store in 1999 and they sent it in for repair. A few weeks later coach sent me a new purse. However the new purse had a faintly stamped creed and left part of the serial, the backside of the inner zipper pouch isn’t colored fully (shows white strip of un dyed leather) one would think it was a counterfeit based on that. I never complained, they sent me a new purse after all ( that I think was never inspected) . So I’m sending her back in because the stitching in the handle and a spot at the flap are loose. I want to start using her again, but I’m seriously wondering if they’re going to give me an issue.

View attachment 5696604

View attachment 5696605

View attachment 5696612

Coach no longer has a lifetime free repair policy AFAIK, unless they have changed that. That bag is almost 24 years old, the year code looks like 1999. If you send it to them you may not get it back, at least that's what they sometimes did.

The warranty period on the Repair Form Request is shown as "one year"

WAIT FOR MORE ADVICE.

Last edited:
Coach no longer has a lifetime free repair policy AFAIK, unless they have changed that. That bag is almost 24 years old, the year code looks like 1999. If you send it to them you may not get it back, at least that's what they sometimes did.
The warranty period on the Repair Form Request is shown as "one year"

WAIT FOR MORE ADVICE.
Hi Hyacinth,
I printed out a repair form from the coach site, the purse just needs a little stitching. Yes 24 years ago coach sent me the replacement free of charge, I know I’ll have to pay for the repair . Yes the purse is from 1999.it’s B9P 9951. Are you saying that coach might not send it back if I pay for the repairs? Or are you talking about the replacement 24 years ago?
Thank you, Tracy