Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

I finished the rehab of my 65th Anniversary Legacy Rose Bridget 11622 with Brass Hardware. The bag was released in early 2008 for $398. I bought mine from an online auction in June 2019 for $21.50 and it came with the original dustbag. It was expertly authenticated by @whateve and @BeenBurned.

I surface-cleaned and conditioned the bag when I received it and I've carried it several times. I like it but I always felt that it looked a little dull and worn but I was afraid to give it a bath because it is such an unusual color. Also because some of the early 65th Anniversary bags were made of vachetta leather and there were some bleeding and color transfer problems reported. However, I found the Coach description of the bag on the Wayback Machine and it just said "supple leather exterior" with no mention of vachetta, so I decided to go for the full rehab!

I washed it in the sink with Dawn and the bag did fine. I used Leather CPR and Black Rocks to condition it and I think they improved the color and shine. There are a couple of areas that still show signs of wear, like the kisslock frame, but I decided against trying to match that unusual color (for touchups) and so I left them alone.

I like the antique brass look so I didn't do much polishing (and I hate polishing!) but I did give special attention to a few hardware areas that were scratched or very tarnished. Polishing that interwoven leather and chain strap seems impossible to me, anyway.

The bag was missing both hangtags but luckily I had a brass medallion in my stash. I didn't have a leather hangtag that would match the color of the bag, but I tried a few different options and decided to use a dark gold leather hangtag.

Here are the before and after pictures. It is a difficult color to photograph. Pictures taken back when the bag was released are a lighter pink color but it has darkened with age. In some lighting it looks coral/pink and in other lights it looks salmon/orange. It isn't a color that will compliment every outfit but I think that it will work when you are wearing brown, navy, gray, ivory, etc,

See below for before and after pictures of my rehabed rose Bridget!

Rose Legacy Bridget Clutch 11622 (Before):

View attachment 5065217

View attachment 5065218

View attachment 5065220

View attachment 5065221

Rose Legacy Bridget Clutch 11622 (After):

View attachment 5065222

View attachment 5065223

View attachment 5065225

View attachment 5065228

View attachment 5065229

Coach Listing for the Legacy Bridget Clutch 11622 February 2008:

View attachment 5065230
Oh wow! You washed that one & it has the Poppy lining ….that was very brave of you!

Reactions: LadaZuri and katev
How about this one re shoe polish? I really don't want to get burned again, haha! Seller claims they bought it from an estate sale whose owner claims they used only Coach's cleaner and moisturiser on it.

I looked at it and looks too shiny and makes me suspicious. You won't know for sure till it's in your hands whether it's been polished. Maybe they can send you a pic of the leather under the piping by lifting the edge a little?

I looked at it and looks too shiny and makes me suspicious. You won't know for sure till it's in your hands whether it's been polished. Maybe they can send you a pic of the leather under the piping by lifting the edge a little?
Thanks house, I've asked for some more photographs. The seller has another black crossbody with that same shiny look. I don't think I'll risk it.

Also, I've been lurking on leather forums and the leather experts have discussed how dubbin type polishes really sink into the leather and totally destroy the shine. That's most likely unfortunately my case and would explain why dunking and scrubbing made zero difference - it's waterproof!!! If the cobbler can't fix it, I'll have to write it off and, when I have free time, perhaps try Luna's suggestion of sanding off the top layer and recolouring.

How about this one re shoe polish? I really don't want to get burned again, haha! Seller claims they bought it from an estate sale whose owner claims they used only Coach's cleaner and moisturiser on it.

How is that even possible for her to have talked to the owner? Estate sales are generally for the possessions of people who have died.

How is that even possible for her to have talked to the owner? Estate sales are generally for the possessions of people who have died.

I don't know the specifics of this situation, but I think that sometimes the term "estate sale" is used when someone is moving into senior retirement care or long-term care and disposing of many long-time household possessions.

Finished my orange mini Ergo! I bought this after my daughter (she’s only 3) stole my black one. She also tried to steel my purple Hadley, but I managed to get that one back:lol: This was a simple dunk and condition.
Before:
5989A7F9-8ED7-4627-8F78-F59819DC6336.jpeg5920297A-57DA-46AF-BEC8-9416B8333691.jpeg
After:
9AEFCB1F-0385-49E1-A09B-1FE58A82AAE4.jpeg6E568239-6B7D-43E1-92B0-A667A78F47A5.jpeg
I’m pretty happy with it! The stains are still there, but less noticeable. She’ll borrow the hangtag from my Ergo Flap when I use her.