Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

I know it's a silly q but dunking with turnlock on doesn't affect drying of the leather underneath etc right?

I want to put mine back on and carry the BT2 in the time between now and whenever I redunk after the CPR arrives next month.
It won’t affect the drying, but it may compromise the integrity of the brass tabs if you want to remove and put it back on again. It’s possible one or more of the tabs may snap off with repeated bending, or they may not.

I know it's a silly q but dunking with turnlock on doesn't affect drying of the leather underneath etc right?

I want to put mine back on and carry the BT2 in the time between now and whenever I redunk after the CPR arrives next month.
If you aren't going to remove the hardware again, it isn't a problem at all. I don't usually remove hardware on my rehabs unless it is in horrible condition.

@katev welcome back! I have been waiting to ask, have you been able to get rid of creases on a Madison bag? I bought a Sutton that arrived squashed in a box too small. The sides of the bag are also soft from use. The whole bag is no longer "structured". There's large crease going across one of the big panels. WDYT? Any advice is welcome. View attachment 5060586
I saw a few other Madison’s in color block. I don’t recall satchel. Can’t wait for the after!
I was hoping to find a pic of this in a catalog but no go. The 1996 Preview catalog officially called it butter/black!

The Saphir Renomat arrived today and I've applied multiple coats and rubbed and scrubbed vigorously and am extremely disheartened at almost barely any polish removal. Not sure what to do.
Have you dunked it yet? That's probably the next step. I had to dunk my shoe polished city bag twice to get most of the polish off, and I finally had to just call it quits before I did more harm than good. It's doubtful you will get every bit of polish off but you should be able to greatly improve the feel of the leather.

It may be a case of dunking, conditioning, and letting it dry and rest for a couple weeks then assessing its condition before you decide what your next step is.

Have you dunked it yet? That's probably the next step. I had to dunk my shoe polished city bag twice to get most of the polish off, and I finally had to just call it quits before I did more harm than good. It's doubtful you will get every bit of polish off but you should be able to greatly improve the feel of the leather.

It may be a case of dunking, conditioning, and letting it dry and rest for a couple weeks then assessing its condition before you decide what your next step is.
Thanks - I had a big bacon lunch to get my vim and vigour up and then absolutely attacked it in the sink with lots and lots of Fairy. I'm going completely ham on it now. I suds up and scrub, leave it for a while, rinse and repeat. It's bubbled up in the sink right now. My right arm and hand is going to be achinggg tomorrow! Haha

How much of your city was covered?

ETA: leaving it soaking for a bit after the final scrub. It feels very soft and pliable while wet compared to my initial dunk upon receiving it so fingers crossed I've made actual progress after all those products and the elbow grease!

Last edited:
Thanks - I had a big bacon lunch to get my vim and vigour up and then absolutely attacked it in the sink with lots and lots of Fairy. I'm going completely ham on it now. I suds up and scrub, leave it for a while, rinse and repeat. It's bubbled up in the sink right now. My right arm and hand is going to be achinggg tomorrow! Haha

How much of your city was covered?

My entire bag was coated in a thick layer of polish. She had been given the full treatment by a cobbler, right down to a thorough buffing on the big mechanical buffer (shudder!!) So she was certainly a challenge.