Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

I have used the Saphir rejuvacuir and mixed it with Cadillac Select (lighter than CPR) and did fine with it. I have even dabbed it on solo, as it was intended for use. I can’t come back to much later, but I would love to know which Saphir product you are using in navy. A few people here have used different Saphir products. If you do a search of Saphir, that may yield some info. I am a Saphir fan and want to try a recolorant in green on a pebbled bag!

Saphir rejuvacuir, that is what I have.

Here are the After photos of my Tan Ergo Pleated Framed Satchel 12520, that was sold for $498 in 2008 and rescued from Goodwill for $10.

As mentioned there was color loss and flaking patent on the inner and outer edges of the piping on the handles/straps after washing. I used a fine sandpaper to remove all of the patent from the piping and then I applied beige or tan acrylic to cover the color loss. After it dried I used a product called Golden Artist Acrylic Glass Liquid Gloss to restore the sheen of the missing patent material. It worked well and it doesn't look like plastic.

I used Pledge wipes on the bag to restore the shine and Wenol to brighten the hardware and I am very pleased with the results. It makes a nice, summery bag. There are still a few stray marks on the tattersall lining but the interior is much, much cleaner now.

After: Tan Patent Ergo Pleated Framed Satchel 12520

ErgoTanPatentKisslockSatchel_12520_After_006.jpg

ErgoTanPatentKisslockSatchel_12520_After_004.jpg

ErgoTanPatentKisslockSatchel_12520_After_005.jpg

ErgoTanPatentKisslockSatchel_12520_After_001.jpg

ErgoTanPatentKisslockSatchel_12520_After_008.jpg

ErgoTanPatentKisslockSatchel_12520_After_010.jpg

ErgoTanPatentKisslockSatchel_12520_After_013.jpg

ErgoTanPatentKisslockSatchel_12520_After_014.jpg

Thank you so much for all your help! I wish for luck for your ink marks. I have no idea how old mine are. The seller did tell me he attempted to remove them with Coach leather cleaner and they lifted a bit, so there's hope for me! If Coach's stuff worked a little, the heavy duty stuff should really help! I'm gonna go check out what you found from 2014 and possibly add it to my arsenal!
I haven’t tried it yet on a smooth leather sharpe mark, but wd40 was suggested to me. And I’ve also heard of using a pencil eraser. But is the pen on the suede side?? Hope you have luck with the chemical guys. I swear I don’t work for them or mothers automotive polish. Haha

Here are the After photos of my Tan Ergo Pleated Framed Satchel 12520, that was sold for $498 in 2008 and rescued from Goodwill for $10.

As mentioned there was color loss and flaking patent on the inner and outer edges of the piping on the handles/straps after washing. I used a fine sandpaper to remove all of the patent from the piping and then I applied beige or tan acrylic to cover the color loss. After it dried I used a product called Golden Artist Acrylic Glass Liquid Gloss to restore the sheen of the missing patent material. It worked well and it doesn't look like plastic.

I used Pledge wipes on the bag to restore the shine and Wenol to brighten the hardware and I am very pleased with the results. It makes a nice, summery bag. There are still a few stray marks on the tattersall lining but the interior is much, much cleaner now.

View attachment 4493676

View attachment 4493677

View attachment 4493678

View attachment 4493679

View attachment 4493680

View attachment 4493683

View attachment 4493684

View attachment 4493685

That's stunning! I love it!

Reactions: LadaZuri and katev
I haven’t tried it yet on a smooth leather sharpe mark, but wd40 was suggested to me. And I’ve also heard of using a pencil eraser. But is the pen on the suede side?? Hope you have luck with the chemical guys. I swear I don’t work for them or mothers automotive polish. Haha

The pen is on the inner flap side. Looks smooth to me.

Thanks for the well wishings! :smile:

Reactions: LadaZuri
@katev

So I'm sitting here picking my jaw back of the floor admiring your bag, now of course I have to drag my befuddled brain back to reality knowing that you have a level of experience that I'm sadly lacking.
Baby steps Splat, baby steps.

I'm just so glad for the shared experiences.:smile:

That's stunning! I love it!

Thank you, I am pleased with the results but not all of my rehabs have been successful, that's why I usually try to get rehab project cheap - in case they don't work out!

I also appreciate all the advice and shared knowledge that I have learned from this group!

Reactions: LadaZuri and Syren

View attachment 4493676

View attachment 4493677

View attachment 4493678

View attachment 4493679

View attachment 4493680

View attachment 4493683

View attachment 4493684

View attachment 4493685
Amazing transformation.

View attachment 4493676

Wow, I likely would have passed up the bag in Goodwill the way it looked before, but the after shots, she's lovely! Really makes me do a doubletake at the bag style itself, which didn't necessarily appeal to me in the before shots but really do in the after ones. Very nice job.

Picked up this absolutely filthy bone NYC Companion bag today for $4. We are moving into our new house next week, so I will probably not start any rehab projects until then, but for the price, I decided it was worth it even just for practice, and a challenge doesn't scare me. But in the meantime, anyone have any good suggestions for cleaning her, given the light color? She shows very little actual wear for her 30 years, but every bit of 30 years worth of grunge. There is blue patina staining inside under the zipper. I have dealt with mild patina on the brass itself, but not the leather, though it doesn't show through, and you only see it when you actually look for it. I plan on starting with a dunk or three and some CPR, but any other advice is warmly welcome.

Attachments

• 20190719_150058.jpg
    20190719_150058.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 20190719_150110.jpg
    20190719_150110.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 20190719_150017.jpg
    20190719_150017.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 123
How much do you usually target to pay for bags that you rehab? Something that you think will come out beautifully after a dunk, some conditioning, and buffing? I am new to vintage bags, haven’t yet done any rehabs, yet I have already bought 5 bags . All, but one that was in better shape, I paid between $30-$40 including shipping. Is that good or am I overpaying?

How much do you usually target to pay for bags that you rehab? Something that you think will come out beautifully after a dunk, some conditioning, and buffing? I am new to vintage bags, haven’t yet done any rehabs, yet I have already bought 5 bags . All, but one that was in better shape, I paid between $30-$40 including shipping. Is that good or am I overpaying?
It depends. First of all, some bags will be over $30-40 pretty much regardless of the condition. If you are looking for a black City or Station bag, you can hold out for a bargain, but I paid $70 for my red Hasp bag because those usually go for much more. And it’s not always possible to say which bags will come out beautifully, even when you are buying in person.

Reactions: LadaZuri
Amazing transformation.

Wow, I likely would have passed up the bag in Goodwill the way it looked before, but the after shots, she's lovely! Really makes me do a doubletake at the bag style itself, which didn't necessarily appeal to me in the before shots but really do in the after ones. Very nice job.

Thank you! I have a weakness for kisslock bags, I find it hard to pass them up - I have weaknesses for lots of different bags!

Last year I rehabbed the black patent version of the Ergo Pleated Framed Satchel 12520. It also came out well and I gave it to a friend. You can see the before and after pics of that bag at the links below.

12520 Black Patent Ergo Satchel Before:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/page-1138#post-32448532

12520 Black Patent Ergo Satchel After:
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/coach-rehab-and-rescue-club.833400/page-1138#post-32448544

Picked up this absolutely filthy bone NYC Companion bag today for $4. We are moving into our new house next week, so I will probably not start any rehab projects until then, but for the price, I decided it was worth it even just for practice, and a challenge doesn't scare me. But in the meantime, anyone have any good suggestions for cleaning her, given the light color? She shows very little actual wear for her 30 years, but every bit of 30 years worth of grunge. There is blue patina staining inside under the zipper. I have dealt with mild patina on the brass itself, but not the leather, though it doesn't show through, and you only see it when you actually look for it. I plan on starting with a dunk or three and some CPR, but any other advice is warmly welcome.

It's a beautiful bag and I am glad that you are going to try and save it, but I have to warn you that dirty, white, glove-tanned leather bags are very hard to rehab, but it's great that it was so cheap and you can use it for practice if it doesn't work out.

At the link below are pics of a white Legacy Zip that I bought for only $8. I couldn't get it clean no matter how hard I tried and I eventually painted the entire bag - even though I really didn't want to do anything so extreme. Hopefully someone else will have a better suggestion for you. Good luck with your move and with your rehab project!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/dirty-coach-willis.945861/#post-30370337