Coach really upset me, but redeemed themselves

plzrck

Jan 7, 2007
Ok, so here's my story. Back in February I purchased a Signature Beaded Tote & wristlet but within a week or so the beads were breaking & falling off. Anyway, I sent them both to Coach to be repaired. They couldn't repair the bag so they refunded my money, but they sent me a new wristlet. Well, why would I want the wristlet without the matching bag?? So I sent the wristlet back to get a refund. Well, I kept calling to see when I would see the refund only to be told that it was probably at the repair department (didn't understand that one). Well last week I finally talked to a really nice woman who looked into it for me. Thank goodness I kept my delivery confirmation # from USPS or I would've been screwed (sorry about the term). She finally located the wristlet in the warehouse and now over 2 months later I am finally getting my refund.

Well, after thinking about it last night I started to get really ticked off considering I wasn't offered any kind of compensation. So I called Coach today and told them that I am a loyal customer & have never had any problems before, but I was really upset over this. Anyway the lady told me that they will take 25% off the next item I purchase. :smile: Yay, I am happy about that!

Sorry this post is so long, but had to rant a little!! And if you ever send anything back to Coach make sure you do a delivery confirmation & keep the receipt even after it is delivered.

Hmm, I sent in a stitched wristlet for repair/replacement because it had a missing rivet and included the $20 repair fee. They sent me a letter saying they couldn't repair it and gave me a credit for the purchase price. They cashed my $20 check for the "repair". Is this customary?

^^ Graberg I don't know about that. They waived the $20 fee for me that one time because I'd only had the bag & wristlet for about a week or so. Maybe someone else will know?

Hmm, I sent in a stitched wristlet for repair/replacement because it had a missing rivet and included the $20 repair fee. They sent me a letter saying they couldn't repair it and gave me a credit for the purchase price. They cashed my $20 check for the "repair". Is this customary?

If I were you, I'd definitely look into that... :yes:

Oh yeah... me too... hehe...

Plzrk, my apologies for being so rude. I'm glad that it all worked out for you in the end... SO, what are you gonna get with that discount of yours?!? Huh... huh...

i think COACH, like most good companies who value their customers, want to make sure the customers are happy. so i guess if you have a problem, and complain, as long as you talk to the right person, you will be compensated! pretty cool!

awesome 25% off as compensation!

graberg, the $20 is their fee for looking into the bag, shipping, etc. i would call though and ask about specifics because maybe you can be compensated too.