Coach Quality Expectations - What do you think?

Kilala

*Save*Lives*Adopt*
O.G.
Apr 21, 2007
*sigh* I just purchased a legacy cotton slim flap in chocolate/brass. I used it for the first time today and was taken a back by a major (imho) manufacturer's defect. It looks like there wasn't enough lining fabric to sew the lining and the leather piping together. See pics below.

Anyway, I'm shocked...not expecting this type of quality from Coach. I'm just really disappointed, because I have wanted this bag for a while and was soooo excited to get it...then the bubble burst. :sad: :confused1:

Are my expectations too high?

Attachments

• slimflap.jpg
    slimflap.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 64
  • damage.jpg
    damage.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 177
  • damage2.jpg
    damage2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 145
No, you aren't expecting too much at all. :smile:

Coach is normally excellent qualities but they are still only human so occasionally defects will come through. They are very good about taking care of mistakes though, and will definitely make it right with you. Just take it back and they'll replace it for ya.

Sorry you had a problem. :smile:

If COACH handbags are made according to the standards presented on the website:

Coach products are made one at a time in our factories by skilled craftspeople who maintain the highest quality standards in the leather industry. With precision and accuracy, they carefully create exquisite handbags, briefcases, and accessories using as many as 125 painstaking steps.

Then I would think that flaws like that would be impossible. What about the quality control department ad inspections?

Coach products are made one at a time in our factories by skilled craftspeople who maintain the highest quality standards in the leather industry. With precision and accuracy, they carefully create exquisite handbags, briefcases, and accessories using as many as 125 painstaking steps.

Then I would think that flaws like that would be impossible. What about the quality control department ad inspections?

This flaw was obviously missed twice, once by the sewer and another by the inspector! Whatever quality control method Coach uses out the door, obviously this one was missed. Everything is not 100% perfect. In that instance get a replacement, especially while you can!

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions. I'm going to take it back tomorrow. I was worried Coach would want to repair it rather than exchange it for a new one. (not thrilled with that idea) Sounds like they will most likely exchange it...which is wonderful!!!! I feel a lot better about it now.

I’ll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again for your advice! :smile:

Nothing is impossible. Everyone makes mistakes, even companies like Coach. Things can still slip through the cracks sometimes. The mark of a good company though, is how they deal with those rare mistakes when they happen.

^^ I completely agree. I was just surprised to see this type of flaw (not enough fabric). I still LOVE Coach. Their customer service is wonderful. And you’re absolutely right; the mark of a good company is how they resolve mistakes. I’ll post an update.