Coach purses at DSW

2dye4

Mar 3, 2013
Not sure if this has been discussed here before, but I went to my DSW today and was surprised to see this as I entered the store:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398208661.114145.jpg
A huge Coach display right at the entrance!
It was mostly MFF, all marked around 40% off. They did have one FP Isabelle, marked at $199. They even had the MFF swing packs at $119.
I asked them about it, since I've never seen this Coach display, and they said they have been carrying the purses for a while now. I've never seen this until today!
Here are a few more pics:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398208939.773459.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1398208960.273734.jpg

Not sure if this has been discussed here before, but I went to my DSW today and was surprised to see this as I entered the store:
View attachment 2589507
A huge Coach display right at the entrance!
It was mostly MFF, all marked around 40% off. They did have one FP Isabelle, marked at $199. They even had the MFF swing packs at $119.
I asked them about it, since I've never seen this Coach display, and they said they have been carrying the purses for a while now. I've never seen this until today!
Here are a few more pics:
View attachment 2589513
View attachment 2589514

thanks for the pics! I was in my local DSW recently and they had MK bags but I didn't see any coach

Oh, wow. This has got to be a new addition. I don't frequent DSW that much but I have yet to see Coach there! Thank you for letting us know. I will certainly stop by to check out what they have on the floor.

There's some cute things but Coach is just killing themselves with this identity crisis :nogood:

That's a good point. Have they sold MFF outside of the Factory Stores before? I know when I go to Nordstrom Rack I see Coach bags that were made specifically for them........but I don't recall MFF being sold anywhere else........anyone?

I agree with you. It seems like they need to pick a plan and stick with it. You think they'll begin to shower multiple stores with MFF stuff to get profits up? All the while bumping up the FP line to make it more "exclusive"...........I guess it's anyone's guess at this point.

That's a good point. Have they sold MFF outside of the Factory Stores before? I know when I go to Nordstrom Rack I see Coach bags that were made specifically for them........but I don't recall MFF being sold anywhere else........anyone?

I agree with you. It seems like they need to pick a plan and stick with it. You think they'll begin to shower multiple stores with MFF stuff to get profits up? All the while bumping up the FP line to make it more "exclusive"...........I guess it's anyone's guess at this point.

I saw them at DSW and saw some FP + MFF at Nordstrom Rack as well last week.

If they want to bump up the FP line, they've got to maintain styles and stop dumping the styles so easily/often. Get a design they like and stick with it. And then stop making MFF bags that are similar to FP designs/materials.
They can continue to make the cheaper versions to sell at outlets to compete with MK and stuff but I guess they can't make everyone happy. Some don't care about the cheapening of the Coach brand but some do care..

I've seen the occasional MFF siggy duffle at Sam's Club-marked at $228!

Last edited: