Coach Poppy ... smells like tween spirit, apparently ;)

momtok

Daughter & Tim Gunn
O.G.
Aug 21, 2009
A little over a year ago, one of daughter's friends gave her a bottle of Claire's "Glitter" perfume as a birthday gift. This past summer, just as she was turning nine, she wanted to try using it. I taught her two small squirts under her hair, always very subtle, never constantly, the same way I use my own. She's been very good about it, using it only "for nice" (ie. never for school, never for the kung fu school, never for Chinese school, not even for Awana ... only for dinners out, weekend errands/shopping, or church), and she's been very gentle with both the scent and the bottle itself.

So ever since then, whenever we're in department stores, she gravitates toward tester bottles and has been collecting those little vial samples. Well, she finally picked her favorite -- a vial of "Coach Poppy" that she'd been given at the boutique. (I admit I agree with her. It's subdued, very lightly fresh, a little sweet, and not at all 'stingy' to the nose the way some scents can be. It's really nice. I'm honestly thinking of switching to that myself sometimes.)

She's asked for a proper bottle of it as one of her Christmas gifts, and since she's been very obedient with my instructions for that Claire's perfume, we said ok. We took her to Macy's last weekend -- you should have heard her little squeal when we told her :cutesy:, let her sample the two Poppy versions, and came away with the deluxe set in 'original'. I saw no point to the scented lotion (in the other available set) as of yet, and this cute, little cosmetic case is something she can use for things like her lip balms, etc. The other item in the middle is a scent pencil. (And yeah, if she looks tired in the pic, she was. :noworry: Insanely full day.)

I was never a Nirvana fan, but I guess this is what 'tween' spirit smells like? ;)

Attachments

• Coach_Poppy_perfume_deluxe-set.jpg
    Coach_Poppy_perfume_deluxe-set.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 720
  • Coach_Poppy_perfume_deluxe-set2.jpg
    Coach_Poppy_perfume_deluxe-set2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,395
That's a great story! Thanks so much for sharing. Your daughter sounds like an awesome and classy young lady.

I also love the Poppy perfume and wear it sometimes on the weekend. My "signature" scent is Chanel No. 19, but sometimes that's a bit heavy for the occasion.

What cute pics and story! I was buying birdseed at the pet store today and the teenaged clerk saw my camel sophia and said "I love your bag, I wear coach poppy perfume"........so your daughter is growing up! :smile:

Thanks, ladies. :flowers:

I know my mother-in-law wants to go to our local Coach outlet on one of the last days before Christmas. If we do go, I'm seriously tempted to let daughter have a couple spritzes, even if not officially Christmas yet. Just to see if any of the SA's recognize it.

Graebelle, yeah our daughter got a couple wristlets and a couple small "pouch-size" bags when we was 6/7. I still watch her closely, of course, but she treats them with great care, even within the confines of her own room. There is always one "out and ready to go," while those currently not in use stay in dustbags on shelving. She's prepped a shelf now for her 'perfumes' too, so I'm already not worried. :smile:

Make it a Coachy Christmas everyone! :biggrin: :biggrin:

that is an insanely cute gift set, and the story of your daughter and her perfume is precious. she is beautiful and you're doing good with her! i am especially impressed with how well she takes care of her things at such a young age! :smile:

LOL @ "tween spirit!" That's a really cute gift set, and I can tell your daughter was thrilled to get it. Glad she's learning "responsible perfume use" early, hehe.