Coach Poppy Black Patent Leather peeling!

I'm curious if a FP store will fix without a larger fee. I have a Coach watch I purchased at Macy's and I took it to the FP store and it would have cost about $50 to send it to fix + cost of fixing. If it was purchased from them, it would have been free since it was less than two years old.

My 14559 pink Groovy is peeling. I showed the SA and she was like spacey and "oh.....I don't knowwww", "we can send it innnn".:pout: I was ticked. Now what??? Coach Poppy is shoddy like someone else said. This was my favorite purse to. :sad:

Well, I called both the department store and also coach just to see what they said. They both said to bring the bag in to have it looked at. I do still have receipt! Yay ( hope that helps get me somewhere!) I am just concerned that they will say nothing can be done and send me a coupon for 40 off! I spent a lot of money on this purse and I don't want to have to end up spending more because of a coupon! Has anyone received the coupon? If so does it expire and can you use it anywhere? ( as in a department store) If I could use the coupon on a sale item that would be awesome... don't think that would happen though!

It isn't a coupon. If they determine your bag cannot be repaired they send you a letter, which states the amount of money they will be crediting you (in my case it was full retail). This credit is not the same as a merchandise credit as it cannot be used with any promotion or sale, etc. You only get a letter, which is what you would bring in to the FP boutique or the outlets to redeem on a purchase. No, you cannot bring it in to a department store, it can only be used at Coach.

In my case what happened was the above. i called customer service to ask them if they return to me my damaged bag, would I get any kind of refund (as this was not an option listed in my letter; they hold your bag for 30 days so you can take your time to decide what you want to do). The CS rep said i would get my bag back plus 40% of the purchase price of my bag in a credit (again, not a merchandise credit though).