Coach Outlet Quality… not so good…

Um, BTW, was that supposed to be some kind of dig because it falls flat since I don’t pay $1000+ for a canvas bag either. Not even remotely close. I was not trashing Coach as a brand either...I own and carry Coaches, some of which are MFFs, some not. I carry a lot of different brands, LV being one of them, though it has become my favorite. All I was saying is that the quality of what is currently for sale in the outlets is shockingly bad and a decline from what I saw in store as recently as last winter.

As far as my comment about buying vintage/pre-loved, in response to your comment, a way to get manufacturers to up their quality to what they used to be is to show their is a market for that quality. If people stop buying new and bought vintage/pre-loved, manufacturers would have to either lower their prices or up their quality in response. It’s true for any brand.

I’m doing my part...I but vintage/pre-loved. Some people may turn up their nose at it, and have on this thread, but I easily get what I pay for, if not more. I have no complaints about the value for my money. Can they say the same? I could sell any of the bags I own at a profit, and have. Can they say the same? I don’t, and have not, made digs on anybody based on the on the bag they carry. Can they, or you, say the same?
It was not a dig at all. Just stating that other brands get accused of the same thing. I think I will stop responding to this thread now as there seems to be a couple misunderstandings now. This is a discussion, not an attack.

I just bought a Remi medium wallet (full leather) from the outlet, it was only €45 but I thought the leather quality was very good for the price. I haven’t got to use it but I hope it would at last me at least 1 year.

I used to have a Guess wallet in high school for about the same price and it started tearing after 6 months :tdown:

Reactions: BowieFan1971
I'm not a fan of outlets for any brand in general because I find them misleading. The average person thinks they are receiving a fp item at a discount but we all know better. I sometimes stalk the Coach outlet website for fp items listed on reserve and have found some great deals.

Here's a great example - I have a fp large black Charlie that I love and use for work. My niece just got her first professional job and admired it. I was looking on the outlet site and I snagged the exact same one that I have. I paid $142 just last week -- now they upped the price to 190 online. Couldn't pass it up. Fantastic deal for a quality fp work bag and my niece loves it. I paid nearly 3 times that when I purchased mine!

While purchasing the Charlie I came across a leather outlet purse carryall that looked nice and I succumbed. It arrived and the leather is like plastic and felt very cheap in general so I made a trip to the local outlet and returned it.

I am not a snob, purse, or otherwise, and I found there is a big difference in quality.

I did spend some time looking around and I agree that the outlet quality has improved but I did not buy anything there and the clerk knew immediately that the purse I was carrying (not the Charlie) was not an outlet purse and commented on it.