Coach Outlet Purchasing Limits

Ugh! I hate that with a passion! I was at an outlet in Niagara Falls, ONtario one weekend and saw the hamptons 10th anniversary bag in pink. It was on sale for about $125 or so. I saw it on Ebay on the monday morning for $450!!! I don't think it evenr retailed for that much ever!

Cheap Tequila: I completely agree, IMO, there's nothing more tacky than the whole buy/return/buy/return pattern. If you want to rent a bag, then subscribe to a renting service!
Thats why some get that Nasty letter.......:nuts:

Obviously, I don't think the coach brand itself makes bottom of the barrell items. If I thought that how could I resell them. All im saying is that, the things I buy are the last things that outlet shoppers look at. I also buy items at the full price store if that makes you feel any better. The ban is not a huge deal to me. This trade has been going on for years. It will not stop. Companys can work with people or try to enforce rules. Can I justify what I do. Probably not to this audience, but oh well.

I think if most of us were from nowheresville it wouldn't be as much of an issue. I believe most of us live within a few hours of an outlet or FP boutique. So we do not have to purchase online via EBay or whatever.

Obviously, I don't think the coach brand itself makes bottom of the barrell items. If I thought that how could I resell them. All im saying is that, the things I buy are the last things that outlet shoppers look at. I also buy items at the full price store if that makes you feel any better. The ban is not a huge deal to me. This trade has been going on for years. It will not stop. Companys can work with people or try to enforce rules. Can I justify what I do. Probably not to this audience, but oh well.
I'm trying to understand your comment, and like other's said you did not mean it that way....It was writen that way, so I assumed thats what you meant...There Are Many More out there Doing what you have done, so you are Not Alone...Meaning it's just a sensitive subject for me , (Fiancially speaking)...I'm sure there are some people that Love Coach and cannot even afford a Wristlet! So I'am Blessed with what I do have all the way around!!!!

I think if most of us were from nowheresville it wouldn't be as much of an issue. I believe most of us live within a few hours of an outlet or FP boutique. So we do not have to purchase online via EBay or whatever.

Well, I'm from nowheresville! Nearest FP is over an hour away and nearest outlet over 4.5 hours away. I get things from the bay from time to time because my outlets don't always get the good stuff and sometimes it's a little cheaper than driving to the outlet or going to FP.

Well, I'm from nowheresville! Nearest FP is over an hour away and nearest outlet over 4.5 hours away. I get things from the bay from time to time because my outlets don't always get the good stuff and sometimes it's a little cheaper than driving to the outlet or going to FP.

Believe me, I understand! I grew up in a nowheresville!

Not trying to argue, but for those of us without access to an outlet (my nearest is 4 hours away), eBay can be a valuable source. Not all resellers are horrible people. I simply believe it is up to the bidder to research their item before bidding. That's what led me to TPF in the first place. I can use the outlet reports here to estimate the selling price, factor in the cost of gas if I were to go get it myself (about $45 round trip), and place my bid accordingly. Sometimes I win, sometimes not, but it is my responsibility to determine what I'm willing to pay for something (this goes for everything, not just COACH). Basic supply and demand.

Sorry but if she didn't mean it she could have worded it differently...I don't care, I didn't get the letter, she did...I was trying to defend what we all come to TPF for...:biggrin:

Dawnqueen, without sounding mean, you have done exactly the same thing when talking about the Coach leather products. I remember a lot of your posts coming off as pretty rude saying that you really dislike leather and somewhat implying that it's inferior to signature.

I am not trying to add to the fight, honestly! Just letting you see how sometimes people's wording can be interpreted differently by everyone. Because, I didn't take the OP as saying all signature stuff was “bottom of the barrel” crap either. Just that a lot of the lower end unwanted stuff happens to be signature…KWIM?

Same for me! Except it's 3.5 hours away. It realllly sucks. So I actually like that there are resellers! It's my only way to get some of the outlet stuff if I don't feel like driving for 7+ hours. And making a profit for the time they put in seems reasonable.

Last edited:
Not trying to argue, but for those of us without access to an outlet (my nearest is 4 hours away), eBay can be a valuable source. Not all resellers are horrible people. I simply believe it is up to the bidder to research their item before bidding. That's what led me to TPF in the first place. I can use the outlet reports here to estimate the selling price, factor in the cost of gas if I were to go get it myself (about $45 round trip), and place my bid accordingly. Sometimes I win, sometimes not, but it is my responsibility to determine what I'm willing to pay for something (this goes for everything, not just COACH). Basic supply and demand.

I agree!:smile:

What are you talking about ...She totally put down Signature, by calling it Bottom of the Barrel...Everyone else agrees with me.....By the way as well as Coach stock being there for weeks, come on I can Never get there in time to find what I want.....

"What I'm talking about" is the fact I don't feel the OP was trying to "put signature fabric down" or slap anyone and their taste in the face--I think she was trying to justify being a reseller, plain and simple. In the process of that, yes, she said a very controversial thing, and you took it personally...but I don't think she was trying to offend anyone so much as she was trying to attempt to make herself seem like a thoughtful reseller. Either way, she failed and either way she was rude...and I'm sorry if you were personally stung by her comment.

And yes, I can see why you were offended...you spend your money and so on...but we all do the same. As a matter of fact, I'm from Chicago same as the OP...I'm sure she cruises the outlet I go to...you think that doesn't bother me some? It does...but she's not doing anything 1,000 other people aren't--she just got caught doing it. I don't feel sorry for her, but I'm not going to internalize it either and allow myself to feel like she's gone after me because she targets a certain type of bag that she has her own opinions on. She's like a wild animal backed into a corner and she's lashing out---that's her deal.

And yes, in Chicago there are bags that sit there forever. I'm sorry, there are. They aren't the latest greatest, newest release, full price delete...but there are some bags at the Chicago outlet that have been sitting on the shelf getting dusty for a long time. For example, tattersal graffiti totes, heritage stripe, signature strip totes, and some MFF Zoes have dependably been there for a solid month. So, yes I can see how she would believe that some bags do have a longer shelf life than others, and that isn't in defense of her--those are just the facts.

I personally love fp items because of quality. I also enjoy the joy,excitment and the fp deletes at the outlet shops. I guess most people are upset when they see one person walking around with a bunch of garnets or sabrinas on their arm...and they can't find just one in the store. On the other hand there are those that live way out and aren't able to reach a fp or an outlet so they enjoy shopping online. I'm not fimiliar with the lettering but I bet you can ***** that with paying in cash. I guess the old saying first come first serve is relevant. We just need to appreciate each other and our differences!

I guess I need to clarify. I am not putting coach down. If I did not see the value then I wouldn't invest the time to resale. People come on. You are fighting the wrong person. I don't expect for anyone to feel sorry for me. In fact, I thought I would get true opinions. I don't like things to be sugar coated. I think we all should step back for a minute. At the base of it all, we are talking about material, design, marketing and operational cost. I know this is a bad way to look at a purse, but the fact is it probably cost coach $20 bucks per item to produce a bag that retails for $398. You can knock the resaler if you want but our jobs are to be profitable. With that said, I probably make 7% profit total. Thats not bad considering I drive 30 hours per week and work a 40 hour normal job. I depend on quantity over bumping up prices. I dont like to hold inventory. I'm not hugely affected since I've trained several people to buy for me in smaller quantities. I know that credit cards are traceable.