Coach Outlet Purchasing Limits

Just last week, I was asked by SA to see my ID when I used my credit card to pay for my shopping splurge (3 bags, 1 clutch, 1 pair of earrings, and 1 keyfob). It wasn't for ID verification. The SA took my driver's license and entered my address info. Apparently, Coach outlet had a new "rule" (according to the manager, started less than a month ago) where if you spent more than $800 either in cash or credit, they have to keep track of it. I was thinking about asking my fellow TFP'ers to see if this is even legal (especially in light of the CA lawsuit), or if anyone experienced this.

Yes, I saw this. A couple weeks ago I saw three men in the outlet, each purchasing armloads of purses. They each paid with cash, but one went over $800 and was asked for ID. I overheard all this because the ID he presented looked like a paper copy of some document and one SA was asking another if it was acceptable. This was in CA also.

I know there was a lawsuit with Coach in the state of CA where Coach was asking for credit card holder information. Coach settled and gave out 30% coupon for customers that were on file who had purchased during the time period.

Just last week, I was asked by SA to see my ID when I used my credit card to pay for my shopping splurge (3 bags, 1 clutch, 1 pair of earrings, and 1 keyfob). It wasn't for ID verification. The SA took my driver's license and entered my address info. Apparently, Coach outlet had a new "rule" (according to the manager, started less than a month ago) where if you spent more than $800 either in cash or credit, they have to keep track of it. I was thinking about asking my fellow TFP'ers to see if this is even legal (especially in light of the CA lawsuit), or if anyone experienced this.

This might help clarify things:

http://www.caaeasyclaim.com/content/coa/Documents/COA_Notice.pdf

:nuts: Well, can you blame Coach...It's people like you that keep Loyal Coach customers from getting the bags and items that they Really want...I can't belive you posted this either,lol.....

true when i was at the outlet on sat. there was a line to get in, i saw tons of ppl with i kid you not 7-10 of the same bags, the one i wanted was sitting right in front of me with only 6 left on the table:faint: finally they let me in and i ran for it but all those ppl got all those bags no problem

I was with my mom today in a coach outlet, ans she was told that she couldn't shop there any more. She buys and return mostly for friends and relatives out of this country, and for her own. Since she's not a reseller, the number probably no more than 100 in the past one or two years. Then for me, as an adult who only showed up in store together with my mom for this occasion, I was counted as the family together that not allowed to purchase anymore. I went back to the same day, not long after. Of course, my face was remember for that short period, not allowed for purchase, only because I showed up together with my mom. No matter how I argue that it was ridiculous to put me, a 30 year old adult, together with the mom. What if I have my own family, does that mean my other part of the family can no longer purchase? I think that's too much. Since I never purchased in the store, I'll go back a week or two later, they probably forget my face by then and technically I can purchase, and I am ready for some argument, how ridiculous it is! In this way, any customer is a potential reseller(btw, resellers are great when they put reasonable price and deliver goods to people who don't have easy access), including those who constantly purchase and return, who keep most of their buyings.They may still get a letter saying they can no longer buy from Coach. If it's the way to do business, good luck to the company. If they want to be the only one to make money, then close the outlets, only sell at high price. If they hate resellers, set a consistent limit. But,it's the risk for any retail business, people buy and seller, and only the sales matters to the store actually. Maybe I should be reseller, use up all my limits, if I don't like the Brand Coach anymore, maybe I can use it for my good. If I am buying something for my girlfriend, there are better choices if I am looking for something special and unique.

No, resellers do not help Coach business out.

What about the lady who wants to come in and buy that bag for herself? Or the guy looking for the perfect gift for his wife? The SA is just supposed to stand there and say, "oh sorry, this reseller just came in and bought all of those so now you can't. Maybe you can search for him on eBay? I'm sure he's marked that item up quite a bit to go through the trouble of buying it here, but why not get it from him? Oh, but you can't return it because you won't have a receipt, so you're out your proof of purchase date in case something goes wrong or if you end up not wanting it"?

Idk where you're reselling the product, but it hurts profits. If you're exporting, you're taking away from Coach store sales in that country, you're taking away revenue by not being taxed for import-export fees, you're also devalueing the product. Selling product from an alley way or from your eBay site is in no way properly representing the brand. Can you properly talk about the company, its values, the warranty, or where and how it originated?

You're not only hurting the company's profits, you're hurting its reputation. How does someone buying from you know you aren't mixing in fakes with your so-called "bottom of the barrel" bags? You want to resell product? Go make your own brand, license it, trademark it, hire a staff, market your product, build stores, then go sell it. See how you like it when some Joe-"bottom-of-the-barrel"-Shmo tries to make a profit off all your hard work and commitment. Then tell us how you feel!