Coach outlet bummer :(

alex.losee

Mar 14, 2010
I went down to the Coach outlet here in orlando and I was pretty disappointed. I've been looking for a new coach bag for awhile now, and I thought I'd go down to the outlet and score one. I'm not a huge fan of the non leather bags with the big C's. There were very very few bags there that I even sort of liked. There was a nude leather bag without the big C's, but other than that it was a bust :sad:
How often do the outlets get new merchandise?

I can't help you with how often they get new stuff but I was just at the one in Gulfport, MS 2 weeks ago Thursday and wow. It was bad selection. Everything was MFF except for one teensy table of Poppy stuff. For a 6 hour drive it was a huge let down. Granted I didn't make the trip just for Coach but since I was there I thought I'd have a look.

So yeah, I feel your pain!

I have only been to outlets in California, but in my experience you really have to ask the sales associates what they have in the back. If you are looking for a specific kind of bag it is good to ask for that. I always ask for leather Madison bags or just any Madison they have. They don't put all the FP deletes out at the same time, and as they sell them they do not always put new ones out. The outlets can be really picked over on certain days as well it is really a hit or miss. Calling can be a hit or miss too, but it is good to call and see if they have a new shipment in, and when it will be unpacked. There have been times SAs have told me they have a new shipment in the back but it won't be unpacked until a few days. I have found some amazing things at the outlets, but leather, FP delete bags can be a bit tough to find. Good luck!

i felt the same way when i got my PCE and went into the stores.

i have no outlets in my area so i couldnt help with your question regarding outlet merchandise, but i feel your pain.

I have bought a few bags that are very similar to what is on the website at the outlet. For example I bought two Op Art Sabrina's that are almost exactly what is on the website. The only difference is the black/black Op Art Sabrina on the website has silver hardware (mine has gold) and I bought the large grey/green Op Art Sabrina (small version is still on website).

I also have scored a leather Mahogany Audrey (no longer on website, but Walnut color is) and Leather Cherry Sabrina. Technically these bags are past season but extremely similar to what is on the website (aside from Cherry Sabrina). You really can find some great stuff but it took me a while to find leather Madison at the outlets. After all my outlet trips I have only found two. I actually didn't find them myself, two sweet tPF members put them on hold for me because they knew I was looking for them! I have also found a Jade Patent Leather Audrey there.

I just don't like the big C's. I like the leather Peyton's. I would LOVE a leather Sabrina, or Madison. The outlets are pretty close to where I work so I suppose I'll pop into them as often as I can.

I don't like the big C's much either but I just can't resist anything in the Sabrina shape. Just keep going and going and going! Get friendly with the SAs and ask several for the bags you are looking for and put yourself on the client tracker for specific items. There are returns as well so you really just have to get lucky. Make sure you check the clearance section thoroughly. You are lucky to work close to the outlet! For a while I went crazy and would drive hours going to several outlets lol. I hope you find what you are looking for!

Also visit the Coach shopping section and see if there is a thread for the outlet(s) near you. That is where people will post what they see there when they visit that specific outlet to let others know what is in stock there. If there is anything you are interested in you can call, see if it is still there, and put it on hold or charge hold.

Maybe I'll pop down there before work on Friday and check it out. I work in a mall with a Coach retail store, but it's rare that I can afford a full price coach bag. I have my eye on a few though, I walk by every day on my way to work. How can I get to be a part of the PCE?

Basically you have to make a purchase there, (it doesn't have to be a big purchase), and make sure to give the SAs your name, address, and email address. PCE is pretty random, though. Sometimes we get an invite, sometimes not. Just make sure Coach always has your current contact information.