Coach or Michael Michael Kors Wallet? Which do you prefer

What would you rather receive as a gift?

• Coach Saffiano Wallet

• Michael Michael Kors Saffiano Wallet

• Makeup such as Naked 3 and Lipstick, etc

Results are only viewable after voting.

JJbear

O.G.
Nov 24, 2012
Hey ladies, happy early holidays.

On that note, I am trying to decide what to buy for a friend for secret Santa. The limit is $70 max but I am willing to spend more since I would like to buy her one of these wallets since I know shes been lusting over a well made wallet for a while but wouldn't buy one for herself out of guilt. Ideally, I personally use LV wallets due to the sturdiness and impeccable quality and would love to gift her one but I'm barely old enough to get my learners license haha.

Shes never owned any brand name accessories so I'm not sure how to base my gift and not sure how she views or would react to either of these brands. I think our views would personally be different to one who isn't as into bags which is why I also wonder if maybe she might prefer one brand to one we may choose because of how it is advertised to the public and its public connotations.

I want to get her either a coach or MK wallet in saffiano leather that is hopefully not too too much over the price range. If you have any other suggestions please share. I also considered getting her the new naked 3 eyeshadow with lipstick and makeup or something instead to play it safe... But safe has never really been my thing :P

So ladies, which brand wallet would you rather receive as a gift and if you could also please say why such as because of better design or quality Etc.

Lastly do you know of any of these brands might have any sales or promotions before Christmas? There are no outlets where I live :sad:. Does MK even do sales often?

Thanks so much!:biggrin::biggrin:

I have never seen MK stuff but have been reading on TPF that a lot of MK items are very similar in design as other more high end brands.

I think Coach is of decent quality.

As for makeup, I think that's quite personal, more personal taste involved than a wallet so personally I wld not risk it.

Most importantly, I wld like to say that u R such a great friend to spend so much on your friend. These items cost a lot more in Asia where I am from and even going by the USA prices, they are in no way "cheap". U have a great heart. And God bless you.

I do advise not going over the set budget. Often negative emotion can come up if someone else goes above the set budget.

I find the two companies similar. You may be able to find a sale on a spring or summer color now.

As for the make up. That's nice but it will certainly take you over budget if you do both. I would do the wallet or the pallet with a brush.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Are you in the US? If so, Macy's always has both brands on sale and the newspaper might also have a coupon. I am sure you could find something in the price range there, you can order online also Coach is having a 25 percent off deal with code right now, check out the Coach forum and search for pce.

It's so thoughtful of you to give a wallet as a secret Santa gift. Coach wallets are great quality, but I don't think you'll find a new one in your gift price range, except for maybe at the outlets. As for Michael Michael Kors, I'm not familiar with the wallets, but I've owned 5 of the brand's leather bags and love them. But again, you may not find a new wallet in your price range. Are you near a TJMAXX or Marshall's? They always have a great selection of wallets, like Calvin Klein, DKNY, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Etc. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you may find Kate Spade, Dooney and bourke or Fossil. Personally, I've always been a Fossil fan. (I have six. LOL.) you can find them in some dept stores or sale and within your price range. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I have never seen MK stuff but have been reading on TPF that a lot of MK items are very similar in design as other more high end brands.

I think Coach is of decent quality.

As for makeup, I think that's quite personal, more personal taste involved than a wallet so personally I wld not risk it.

Most importantly, I wld like to say that u R such a great friend to spend so much on your friend. These items cost a lot more in Asia where I am from and even going by the USA prices, they are in no way "cheap". U have a great heart. And God bless you.

Thanks so much for your help, shes a really good friend a I think she deserves it! And no, it definitely is not cheap haha.

I do advise not going over the set budget. Often negative emotion can come up if someone else goes above the set budget.

Thanks for the warning, I honestly had not thought there could be an issue with going over, usually those arise when one goes under haha. It is a secret Santa only among 5 best friends and 1 other person is going over as well so I don't think they'd mind too much. And if not I could just say it's both a Christmas and birthday present since her birthday is before Christmas and just take her out for lunch for her birthday so it doesn't seem like another gift?

Have you any experiences with uncomfortableness when someone goes over the budget? Some examples might help me understand better.

It's so thoughtful of you to give a wallet as a secret Santa gift. Coach wallets are great quality, but I don't think you'll find a new one in your gift price range, except for maybe at the outlets. As for Michael Michael Kors, I'm not familiar with the wallets, but I've owned 5 of the brand's leather bags and love them. But again, you may not find a new wallet in your price range. Are you near a TJMAXX or Marshall's? They always have a great selection of wallets, like Calvin Klein, DKNY, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Etc. Sometimes, if you're lucky, you may find Kate Spade, Dooney and bourke or Fossil. Personally, I've always been a Fossil fan. (I have six. LOL.) you can find them in some dept stores or sale and within your price range. Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Thanks so much for your input! I'd be willing to go over the max budget since she really is a good friend and I know she'd love one of these wallets but if I decide not to, now you've given me some other great options! I'm in canada so all we've got are the full price stores and holt renfrew basically.

Thanks so much for your input! I'd be willing to go over the max budget since she really is a good friend and I know she'd love one of these wallets but if I decide not to, now you've given me some other great options! I'm in canada so all we've got are the full price stores and holt renfrew basically.

What about Winners? Isn't that store similar to our TJMAXX and Marshall's? Maybe you can check there...

I think for a Secret Santa between friends going over shouldn't be too much an issue. Especially with all of the sales or places like TJ Maxx or Marshall's, I wouldn't doubt one could find a wallet within the $70 range. Bloomingdale's and Macy's are great for bargains in the US and are having sales pretty consistently. I'd also suggest running a search on shopstyle.com. They link with multiple stores, list prices and promotions, and their search algorithm is better for shopping than other sites.

Michael Kors will be easier to find closer to the budget. Coach seems to be of better quality, at least from my experience. Either way, I'm sure she'd be thrilled.

Michael Kors will be easier to find closer to the budget. Coach seems to be of better quality, at least from my experience. Either way, I'm sure she'd be thrilled.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I might go with coach for the quality like you said. So far I've been eyeing the Madison soft wallet which is on the less expensive side. It's around $128 and i think they might be having a 25% off promo soon so that should put it pretty close. If there is a sale then the legacy zip around for 158 would be even nicer!