Coach online, seriously flawed

ccbaggirl89

Mar 26, 2015
So disappointed in Coach brand. I ordered my very first Coach items : a hologram crosby crossbody two weeks ago and it was shipped from Jacksonville/Coach online with significant flaws to the front of the bag, like the material had been embossed at the factory with lettering. I shipped it back, and posted some pics in the hologram forum. Then, yesterday, I received my Edie 28, again ordered from Jacksonville/Coach online, and it was shipped in a brown box with NO wrapping at all. It was covered in a thin sheet of cardboard-like paper, and wasn't wrapped, stuffed, or even covered in plastic. The box was damaged in transit, as they usually are, so the bag was completely flat when it arrived. No wrap at all on the bag, so it had dirt on the front. I am in shock, really. And they ship via ground, which takes a full week, and then deduct shipping for a return when the item damage is their fault? Is this how this brand operates? Now, I am used to buying Chanel and LV, but what company sends a 300+ bag in a brown box with no wrapping at all, and then charges you to send back their damaged items? It's bizarre. Is this normal for Coach and how you all receive packages from them? I shipped the Edie back as well and will never buy from Coach again. Two bad experiences in a row on two different products. This is why some brands are luxury and others aren't. I expect any item to be wrapped when shipped and not just thrown into a box. Maybe just buy from Macy's where you can see the product quality first.

So disappointed in Coach brand. I ordered my very first Coach items : a hologram crosby crossbody two weeks ago and it was shipped from Jacksonville/Coach online with significant flaws to the front of the bag, like the material had been embossed at the factory with lettering. I shipped it back, and posted some pics in the hologram forum. Then, yesterday, I received my Edie 28, again ordered from Jacksonville/Coach online, and it was shipped in a brown box with NO wrapping at all. It was covered in a thin sheet of cardboard-like paper, and wasn't wrapped, stuffed, or even covered in plastic. The box was damaged in transit, as they usually are, so the bag was completely flat when it arrived. No wrap at all on the bag, so it had dirt on the front. I am in shock, really. And they ship via ground, which takes a full week, and then deduct shipping for a return when the item damage is their fault? Is this how this brand operates? Now, I am used to buying Chanel and LV, but what company sends a 300+ bag in a brown box with no wrapping at all, and then charges you to send back their damaged items? It's bizarre. Is this normal for Coach and how you all receive packages from them? I shipped the Edie back as well and will never buy from Coach again. Two bad experiences in a row on two different products. This is why some brands are luxury and others aren't. I expect any item to be wrapped when shipped and not just thrown into a box. Maybe just buy from Macy's where you can see the product quality first.

Sorry you have had such bad luck. I find it really odd however that they charged you return shipping. They offer free returns.

they include a UPS return label, and on the back of the UPS label it says "$7 will be deducted from your return costs if you use our UPS return label"

You must have received old paperwork, everything on Coach.com qualifies for free return shipping. They will not deduct $7, I've made 4 returns in the past 2 months and was never charged. Returns from coachoutlet.com however you will be required to pay for return shipping.

You must have received old paperwork, everything on Coach.com qualifies for free return shipping. They will not deduct $7, I've made 4 returns in the past 2 months and was never charged. Returns from coachoutlet.com however you will be required to pay for return shipping.

ok, i will need to wait and see as everything i ordered was from coach.com ... more reasons to see they are not very efficient though. sending me out of date paperwork as well. really bummed. it's hard to like a product or feel good about it when it's dumped into a box. presentation counts for a lot, like with food, you know? it might be the same dish but how it looks matters when you get it :smile:

Coach is a company and makes mistakes like any other big company can. There are plenty of complaints re: LV and their quality as well, Chanel I can't speak to because I don't care for the bags.
If I were you I would place a phone call to get some satisfaction. I find it hard to believe after hearing your story that they wouldn't refund you to try to satisfy a customer.
I'd be upset as well, you shouldn't be out any $$ at all!

So sorry to hear about your bad experience. The things I purchased before were not so badly packaged; I wonder if it's because of Thanksgiving, so they're cutting corners from the amount of items to ship out...

I'm sorry that happened to you. I've ordered from Coach many times and never had an experience like that. It's definitely not the norm.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I've ordered from Coach many times and never had an experience like that. It's definitely not the norm.

+1 and ditto on the free returns, you don't pay for return shipping, defective/errors or just plain didn't like it. I am sorry your items came that way, I would be upset too.

Also, random side note, if you pay using paypal on coach.com, you can't return or exchange it for a full refund or even exchange it in store. The best you'll get is store credit. Just an FYI, because I wanted to exchange something but read the disclaimer/FAQ online.:smile:

I've had bags shipped in that condition within the box from both Coach.com and the Coach FOS. I've had multiple issues with this, and I feel your pain. Most of the time, I emailed pictures of the packaging and was sent a return label free of charge. I did call a couple of times, and didn't get anywhere. I took those back to the store in person.

Ditto on asking for gift packaging from Coach.com, that's helped. I do recall receiving 2 damaged bags that were gift wrapped though (they were clearly damaged, but were wrapped and sold anyway). I have to think that because of their sales volume, their QA doesn't always keep up.

This is definitely an issue of QA and QC that Coach needs to solve for marketing and customer engagement purposes, let alone their future bottom line.

Their brand is suffering because of this. I have no desire to buy my bags from their online website because of this story and my own experience with the FOS shipping. The wallet (FP delete) came in a 8x11 plastic bag that was re-purposed, doubled-over to wrap around the wallet twice and then taped shut. The tape actually was stuck to the wallet's leather, since the folding of the plastic bag was not done properly. A primary school child could do a better job.

I would call Customer Service and get my free shipping info sent to me so that there would be NO mistake that my return is FREE. If you do not mind social media, I would speak out that way as well.

It is not criminal to expect basic QA at these price points. I often lament the customer service decline in America, and here is yet another example.

Even department stores like L&T, Nordstrom and Macy's put stickers on the box declaring who packaged the item to ensure accountability. Does Coach even do this?

The bad packaging is normal for Coach unfortunately. They often don't wrap items securely and put them in boxes without padding.

The week long UPS ground is usually only used for Coach outlet. Items ordered from Coach.com usually use 3 day shipping. Charging to ship it back is not normal for orders from Coach.com.It might be from the outlet. I don't know since I've never shipped anything back to them.

In the future, I suggest you find a good SA at a store to order from. You can order over the phone. Lately I've been ordering from an SA in Las Vegas even though I don't live there. Then if there is something wrong, she handles it.