Coach not a good seller...?

Jan 17, 2013
I notice whenever I list a Coach bag I end up having to lower the price to ridiculous levels to get any bids (like, under $100 for a $300 bag). I take immacculate care of my bags and I've always sold them in great condition. I have one listed now, xx which you can't even get anymore starting at $125 with no bids. This is probably a little over half of what I paid originally, it's in brand new condition, only used a couple of times, and yet I've got a beat up Michael Kors listed starting at $195 with already one watcher. Am I setting my bids too high when it comes to Coach? Should I try a different site and if so is there one you guys like and recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, all one has to do is look up Poppy Dream C hobo on Ebay ;)

Let me rephrase.....we are not allowed to link to our own listings. That is what i meant.

Ed.
I notice whenever I list a Coach bag I end up having to lower the price to ridiculous levels to get any bids (like, under $100 for a $300 bag). I take immacculate care of my bags and I've always sold them in great condition. I have one listed now at $125 with no bids. This is probably a little over half of what I paid originally, it's in brand new condition, only used a couple of times. Am I setting my bids too high when it comes to Coach? Should I try a different site and if so is there one you guys like and recommend?

Maybe you should focus on your photos, including showing them stuffed and upright, instead of laying down, for the front and back views. I would also take advantage of all 12 photos that ebay offers you for free. Also, you say that it's listed for a little over half of what you paid originally, yet it's used (even if it's gently used). I don't know how rare they are, but for most items, other than top luxury designers like Chanel, the value drops considerably. Unless you have a collectible that's highly valued, getting half of what you paid originally is high, in my mind, in the current ebay economy. Again, I don't know Coach values, so that's just an "outsider" view.

I edited the quote to remove any way of recognizing your auctions.

When the right buyer comes along, she'll bid. Your price is the lowest starting bid (so far) although there's anohter with only slightly higher BIN and lower shipping.

With auctions and certain styles, timing is important. The right person has to want and be looking for the item and the listing needs to end at a time when they're (possibly) ready to snipe. I prefer auction listings with BIN because I don't like to wait till an auction ends nor do I want to risk having the bids go higher than I want to pay.

You should use all the character spaces in the title for additional key words, style number, etc. And check the completed listings to see what they're selling for.

I don't do auctions for my bags anymore. I just list them fixed price. Some I have to wait a bit more than others, but I always get my price in the end. There are other sites, but with less traffic than ebay.

Ed.

Maybe you should focus on your photos, including showing them stuffed and upright, instead of laying down, for the front and back views. I would also take advantage of all 12 photos that ebay offers you for free.

^^^ This!! Presentation sells.

Two listings can be for the identical bag but the well-listed bag (with great pictures and full description) will invariably sell for more than the poorly listed one.

In fact, check out the various "deals" threads for bargains on "poorly listed" items.

With all the online factory sales ebay sellers have taken a bit of a hit IMO. I am closing out the last of my Coach collection and we are talking new things from several seasons back so there aren't a glut of them listed and they still won't sell. And they are properly presented and priced very competitively. It has been my experience that Coach is no longer the automatic easy sell that it used to be. :nogood:

With all the online factory sales ebay sellers have taken a bit of a hit IMO. I am closing out the last of my Coach collection and we are talking new things from several seasons back so there aren't a glut of them listed and they still won't sell. And they are properly presented and priced very competitively. It has been my experience that Coach is no longer the automatic easy sell that it used to be. :nogood:

Right? Hmm.... I really don't want to go lower than the $125 but maybe $90 would look more enticing... Ugh. The MK is surprising me though, granted no bids but one watcher... Hate to see it go, love it, kinda hoping the person doesn't bid lol. But that would sure look nice going to a cc payment. I have another Coach I was going to list but now I'm reconsidering if the seller fees are worth the hassle of probably having to relist or set a BIN.