Coach newbie question regarding crossbody styles

mjlover1977

happy
O.G.
Nov 19, 2007
Hello lovely ladies,

Im a Coach newbie so im hoping i can get some advice ...
My bag collection (balenciaga, chanel, miu miu, MJ) has become somewhat redundant since having my daughter 18 months ago ... and im now having my next baby in April ... all i seem to be able to use are cross body styles so i only use my Rebecca Minkoff MAC or some MBMJ crossbodies ...

Can you recommend me a style i should look at within Coach? I prefer leather and lightweight since im usually lugging a child around.

Thank you so much!

mjlover1977 said:
Hello lovely ladies,

Im a Coach newbie so im hoping i can get some advice ...
My bag collection (balenciaga, chanel, miu miu, MJ) has become somewhat redundant since having my daughter 18 months ago ... and im now having my next baby in April ... all i seem to be able to use are cross body styles so i only use my Rebecca Minkoff MAC or some MBMJ crossbodies ...

Can you recommend me a style i should look at within Coach? I prefer leather and lightweight since im usually lugging a child around.

Thank you so much!

How much do you tend to carry? The Isabelle is a nice option and should fit enough for an 18 month old. Very comfortable and lightweight.

I am in love with the Poppy Perri Hippie right now. It's not super big but not tiny either. It's the perfect crossbody if the size works for you. I think it's easier to use than the Isabelle as a crossbody. I love Isabelle but only use it as a shoulder bag. I'm 5'4" and it fits me this way. Most importantly, it's easy to get into with children! Good luck, there are so many choices!
IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

love that perri hippie on you
i too want a crossbody
i have a poppy hippie (tartan) and I don't find it THAT easy to get in/out
is the leather one bigger? or just more structued?
want!

i too want a crossbody
want!

I'm not very familiar with the tartan, not sure if it's bigger. This one does hold it's shape well. I feel like the length on most crossbody bags doesn't work well for me. I love how this one falls. It hangs just low enough to be out of the way but I can reach my hand in and get something out of the very bottom of the bag. That probably just made no sense at all, lol. It's a great bag!

90046 said:
i too want a crossbody
want!

I believe the older hippies had a smaller opening due to the way the straps were attached. There were rings running through grommets on both sides of the bag, which cut off some of the opening. Not explaining that well, am I? LOL
The new one (like the cherry above) has the straps attached on the edges of the bag so the opening is bigger. That might explain why you don't find it easy to get into and she does.

If you can find one on eBay or other online site then I think the poppy swing hobo would work for you, it's a tad bigger than the reg poppy hippie and its fairly lightweight. It also give you the option for using it as a shoulder bag with the short strap on days when you are wanting to be a bit more dressy than a cross body.