Coach New Legacy Duffle 17998

Nekolassa

Coach Classics
O.G.
Mar 6, 2012
I searched and did not find a thread, so I am starting one of my own :smile:. Please help me, I want to get this duffle for my birthday but have found inconsistent reviews about the new duffles. I own the medium vintage one style 9953. Does anyone have this new duffle and if you do, help with:

The leather, does it feel cheesy, plastic like?
The Hardware, how is it?
The price? Do you feel it's worth the $398

I'm 5' 1", hae a feeling this is gonna be huge.

And anything else you'd like to share, I really want to know if I should buy it, $400 is a lot to me right now but I want the olive & brass one (yummy).

Thanks Ladies!

I searched and did not find a thread, so I am starting one of my own :smile:. Please help me, I want to get this duffle for my birthday but have found inconsistent reviews about the new duffles. I own the medium vintage one style 9953. Does anyone have this new duffle and if you do, help with:

The leather, does it feel cheesy, plastic like?
The Hardware, how is it?
The price? Do you feel it's worth the $398

I'm 5' 1", hae a feeling this is gonna be huge.

And anything else you'd like to share, I really want to know if I should buy it, $400 is a lot to me right now but I want the olive & brass one (yummy).

Thanks Ladies!

Did you try at the main Coach forum? There have been several posts about the new Legacy Duffle, just enter that term into the Search this Forum near the top of the page on the right side and check the box that says Show Posts.
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/

There were almost 500 posts that came up in the list when I searched. Some obviously refer to other styles but you shouldn't have any trouble finding information.

Here's just one thread but there are many others:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-sh...yone-else-buy-limited-time-legacy-747857.html

Did you try at the main Coach forum? There have been several posts about the new Legacy Duffle, just enter that term into the Search this Forum near the top of the page on the right side and check the box that says Show Posts.
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/

There were almost 500 posts that came up in the list when I searched. Some obviously refer to other styles but you shouldn't have any trouble finding information.

Here's just one thread but there are many others:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-sh...yone-else-buy-limited-time-legacy-747857.html

Thanks I did, I must be doing something wrong. I want the classic duffle 17998, I'll try and search again for some information. This is the re-make of the 9085.

I saw this one (not the Legacy line that's coming out) at the FP store recently. I purchased the city bag in vermillion. The leather of the re-issued line on the website now under "Classics" is lighter in weight and not as substantial.

I remember reading a thread about the changes in the leather and how a few were unhappy w/the new light weight and I think one had an issue w/ her turnlock being wobbly. I didn't pay full price for mine, nor would I.

But I actually like the lighter weight leather, esp. for a crossbody bag. When you load up your stuff in it it's still manageable. But it isn't like the old stuff. I still think it's good quality, though.

I have the Legacy Duffle. Bought it over a month ago. I've only carried her once and that was to show a co-worker who was interested in getting one. I've put her away, until Fall. I like the bag, never had the older version so I can't do a comparison, my co-worker really liked the bag, and I look forward to carrying her after the summer.

I have the Legacy Duffle. Bought it over a month ago. I've only carried her once and that was to show a co-worker who was interested in getting one. I've put her away, until Fall. I like the bag, never had the older version so I can't do a comparison, my co-worker really liked the bag, and I look forward to carrying her after the summer.
Thank you, that helps me. I am willing to pay full price for the lovely olive colored one. I guess I'm going to have to chance it and see.

Wait a minute! I'm sorry, I think you may be referring to the 'classic' duffle, not the legacy one that's coming out this fall. I do not think they're carrying those online any longer but I have seen them at Coach retail stores and Nordstrom. I owned the cognac one and returned it. The leather and craftsmanship did not meet my expectations. It was def. larger than the basic 'legacy' leather duffle which I owned and love now. I suggest you give the legacy one a try!

Hello,

I purchased the Coach duffel which is available for $398. However, I found a coupon online for 25% so I only paid $318. I actually like the bag. However, I also own the older bag and I appreciate the lighter leather. I can't comment on the hardware but it should hold up over time like any other Coach bag. I will say that I purchased the bag online and picked it up at my nearest store that carries the bag. When I arrived at the store, I knew to inspect my bag based on previous comments and reviews from others stating that the quality wasn't the same. I had the sales rep switch the bags three times due to some type of dust or spotting on the bag. However, the stitching and everything else looked just fine. I definitely wasn't going to walk out the store with a not so looking new bag. Luckily, the sales rep were patient with me and completely understood since I just spent over $300.

Wait a minute! I'm sorry, I think you may be referring to the 'classic' duffle, not the legacy one that's coming out this fall. I do not think they're carrying those online any longer but I have seen them at Coach retail stores and Nordstrom. I owned the cognac one and returned it. The leather and craftsmanship did not meet my expectations. It was def. larger than the basic 'legacy' leather duffle which I owned and love now. I suggest you give the legacy one a try!
Thanks and yes, I am referring to the other one. What I ended up doing because I can't see paying $400 for a bag that I won't be in love with, is I ordered the 9085 - the old one from Ebay in yellow - Yummy. It is in pristine condition accoring to the seller and I paid $180, that way, if I don't love it, then oh well! Thanks for all of your help ladies, I really didn't know what to do about this one. I'll post pics when I get the bag. There is something about the vintage and supple leather and brass that draws me in every time!

I bought the coach classic duffle in cognac and I love it. I think the leather is nice and the hardware is classy but sturdy. I get so many compliments! I'm a plus size woman and the bag is very large on me. I love the way it slouches.

I'm thinking about getting the legacy duffle in black, but I'm tempted to buy the classic duffle in black... I love it that much!!!

Oh yeah, it's very easy to care for. I spilled my hand sanitizer in the bottom of the bag, and the stain came right off with the leather conditioner! All purpose kid friendly nice leather bag!!!

I'm just so happy coach is getting back to great quality leather bags without all that junk on them!

They are online...look under "Coach Classics"