Coach make-up case question

luvmysheps22

Jan 2, 2008
Howdy,

I have a Vera Bradley wristlet I use as a makeup bag because the cloth material can be washed if I spill. But I totally want a Coach one...but i'm unsure if i'd want to jepoardize getting stains on it. If you have a make up case can you let me know if you put an insert inside or something just in case of a spill or an eyeliner without the cap:wtf:...I really would like this one...In the brass/khaki/white:graucho:

41116_BKHDB_t.jpg

I use Vera cosmetic cases as well. I have a few coach wristlets and cosmetic cases but they always get messy inside. I really love that case as well. I just got for V day the Heritage Stripe medium tote in Pink/Khaki. Now I need the small wallet and cosmetic case to go with it. Its sooo pretty for spring. Meanwhile, we're getting a snow and ice storm later today. Ugh, I hate the winter.

This is my first post here on The Purse Forum. Hi.

mom of girls- Yah I couldn't bare to stain the tattersall!!

Lipglossqueen- WELCOME, heritage stripe line is awesome! I love it. I'm not too too messy with makeup but oh i've had my eye liner melt one time and then concealer spilled and ugh....i dunno, im sure there is something out there like stain repellent stuff i dont know?

I'm in IL and we're of course getting more snow...how fun.

I just got the large khaki/white heritage stripe makeup bag, and i agree w/candac, it is more of an umbrella type of material, stains should come out easily, but i'm sure putting something down to protect it wouldn't hurt! :smile:

I don't have this...yet...lol...but I was looking at it the other day in the store and was thinking about the same thing (gosh, I am SO OCD about things getting dirt marks...). Even though the lining seems like it could be cleaned easily, I would still probably try to insert something inside because unless you catch a stain right away, its not going to come out of the fabric easily! What if you just took like a plastic sandwich bag and cut the top off and use it as a liner?

I was able to spot clean the material on the inside of my tote, but I still felt terrible I got something on it in the first place. I was lucky that an envelope in the bag managed to catch most of what had leaked.

I was using a capacity wristlet but just went out and bought a Vera cosmetic bag because it has more of the plastic lining, so if something does leak my bag will (hopefully) be safe.

I think the make-up bag is cute though, I just would be nervous about the lining.

Lipglossqueen- WELCOME, heritage stripe line is awesome! I love it. I'm not too too messy with makeup but oh i've had my eye liner melt one time and then concealer spilled and ugh....i dunno, im sure there is something out there like stain repellent stuff i dont know?

I'm in IL and we're of course getting more snow...how fun.[/quote]

luvmysheps22, thanks for the welcome. I really like the heritage collection as well. I am hoping that since the signature fabric is coated, it will hold up better against stains. I have a sig. large Carly and a sig. large pocket satchel and they both gets marks on the bottom and at the opening of the bag. I figure the heritage bag is perfect for spring and summer. Those are my only sig bags. Usually I buy the leather bags but they have gotten too expensive. I have been a Coach bag lover for about 15 years. My first wallet came out in 1994. I still have it, and if you saw it, you would think its new. It has held up beautifully. Same with the City Bag that I bought with it. I also love D&B leather bags and for fun, Vera Bradley. I am very happy to have found this forum. I look forward to all the advise and info and sharing of Coach products.

I would love to have a Coach cosmetic case, but I love Vera Bradley for accessories and things, i.e. wristlets, makeup bags because they're cheap, colorful, and can be washed. I know that if I spent the money on a Coach cosmetic case, it would get makeup on it and then I would be so upset!

Well My make up case, has little flaps where I can put things standing up like, lipstick, little lotion, foundation. The other things like mascara, lip gloss, eyelash curler, I put them in a sandwich plastic bag. and inside. I have not problem with my method. I am so scared of dirtying my legacy lining. I use the bag with out the plastic zipper thingy so I can just take things in an out.

Attachments

• coachgift1.jpeg
    coachgift1.jpeg
    15.7 KB · Views: 53