Coach Legacy BERRY Duffle - Who loves it, Who returned it?

Okay, so I had a Coach Legacy Duffle and I returned it, because the bag was missing some color on the tassels and I also got a rare violet duffle and needed to decide between the two. Violet won :smile:

But now the berry is NAGGING at me!!! I think I'm possibly certifiable because I feel like I NEED THAT COLOR!

So my question is ... who out there has the berry duffle and LOVES it? How's it wearing? Thoughts on the quality of the leather? Is it shiny or slightly pebbled?

Who HAD the berry duffle and returned it??? Why?

Is berry one of those colors that just didn't make the popularity list?

Looking forward to some interesting comments! Thnx :smile:

CoachChickToo said:
Okay, so I had a Coach Legacy Duffle and I returned it, because the bag was missing some color on the tassels and I also got a rare violet duffle and needed to decide between the two. Violet won :smile:

But now the berry is NAGGING at me!!! I think I'm possibly certifiable because I feel like I NEED THAT COLOR!

So my question is ... who out there has the berry duffle and LOVES it? How's it wearing? Thoughts on the quality of the leather? Is it shiny or slightly pebbled?

Who HAD the berry duffle and returned it??? Why?

Is berry one of those colors that just didn't make the popularity list?

Looking forward to some interesting comments! Thnx :smile:

I have the berry duffle but the leather looks different from all my other duffles. It looks shiny and stiff not fluid and soft like my other legach bags. It looks and feels plasticky. There's a thread here about that. About why the berry leather looks different from the rest of the legacy leather. I still have mine because of the color but the leather quality sucks.

Ok ... My returned one was like that. Shiny and you could see ALL the grain where the poor animal had rubbed against a wire fence or something

Now, my husband tells me THAT'S top grain leather; the other supple and soft leather is the underneath part????

How is your color holding? Does it scratch easy? Has it softened up or stayed firm?

CoachChickToo said:
Ok ... My returned one was like that. Shiny and you could see ALL the grain where the poor animal had rubbed against a wire fence or something

Now, my husband tells me THAT'S top grain leather; the other supple and soft leather is the underneath part????

How is your color holding? Does it scratch easy? Has it softened up or stayed firm?

LOL! " ALL the grain where the animal rubbed against a wire fence? You crack me up! Mine scratches easily like a little nic here and there. It is super firm and the wrinkles are more prominent because the leather is smooth and shiny. I prefer the supple soft fluid leather. I am thinking about selling it on ebay.

Where is the thread about the different berry leather? Could you please post a link? I wonder how many other colors are like that????

My fuchsia color block duffle is awesome and has that kind of leather in the mahogany strip along the bottom. I like the thicker, firmer leather there, on the bottom of the purse.

That's why I returned my berry ... The leather, but now I want one again!!!

CoachChickToo said:
Where is the thread about the different berry leather? Could you please post a link? I wonder how many other colors are like that????

My fuchsia color block duffle is awesome and has that kind of leather in the mahogany strip along the bottom. I like the thicker, firmer leather there, on the bottom of the purse.

That's why I returned my berry ... The leather, but now I want one again!!!

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/not-berry-happy-771258.html

I have and love the berry duffle. It does sink down into a free form shape. It's soft and I haven't had any problems with color loss, scratches or marks. I get compliments on the color and I couldn't be happier. I am tempted to get the lemon duffle also :smile:

Attachments

• image-959245046.jpg
    image-959245046.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 2,248
Hey, do you have an estimate of how long you've been using it and how long it took to get soft? I have the colorblock and have been using it for 2 weeks. It's got a combination of the soft, slouchy leather with the firmer (mostly unbendable) leather in mahogany.

The berry seems to be the same leather, ... firmer. My violet duffle is super slouchy, right from first use!

Just trying to get an idea of the how "comfortable" each leather is to deal with.

Thnx :smile: