Coach Leather, or LV Mono

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Which should I get?

1. Coach Hampton's Vintage Leather Carryon

2. Louis Vuitton Mon Monogram Speedy 40 w/ green paint

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ok, so I'm selling a bag to help fund a new bag. I was planning to sell it to buy a Hampton's Vintage leather Carryon, however, I've discovered that the Louis Vuitton Mono Monogram is around the same price for a Speedy 40.

So I'm torn! I love the Carryon, and I love the Speedy.

Here is my pro/cons lists:

Coach Hamptons Vintage Carryon
    Pros:
    Fabulous Leather
    Gold Hardware
    Size (big and manly)
    Khaki Lining
    Subtle
    Price: Orig $1500, seller had it at $1275 OBO, and accepted $950

Cons:
    Weight: Hamptons Vintage Pebbled leather weighs a ton! Especially on a carryon!
    Size: Almost too big
    Color, not a huge fan of black, but it is beautiful!

Louis Vuitton Mono Monogram Speedy 40
    Pros:
    Personlized: Custom painted with stripes and my initials
    Speedy 40, my HG LV
    Design: Simple, classic, and masculine
    Weight
    Size
    Color(s)

Cons:
    Coated Canvas (PLASTIC!!!)
    Price: $1030 new, and if I needed to sell, probably wouldn't get a good return due to my initials
    Flashy I like more subdued bags
    Vachetta: I can handle vachetta, but it can be a hassle with weather

HELP ME OUT!!!!!!!!

2. If its your HG. you gotta get it!

3. Well, you're on a Coach board...

But, I have the Speedy 35...and I love it.

Here's the thing. The Speedy is such a classic bag...having it personalized for you would be amazing and just set it apart. It's not a bad thing that it's coated canvas...especially if it is a carry on...think of how durable it would be?!

As far as having it be to personal...just make a commitment that this bag will be a lifer for you...then the "resale value" becomes a moot point.

I vote LV..

4. OH I don't actually use these as carryons, they are my everyday bags!

5. Leather over coated canvas any day.

I strayed over to LV about a year and a half ago and it didn't last long. Coated canvas just doesn't have that WOW factor.

6. Well, the canvas is super durable for day to day use, too! I can tell you...mine is still in great shape after 5 months of solid use...it's now retired and packed away safe and sound forever more, but it had a good run and held up perfect!! And no, I never found the PVC cheap or anything...

7. I love leather, and I love LV monogram too. I am no help, sorry!

8. Well, louislover, I know You Love the Hampton's line....So I voted for the Hampton's Carryon..Good Luck, I can see you are having a hard time chosing!!!!;)

9. Im probably going to be in the minority here, but I dont care for LV bags at all. First of all, if Im going to spend that much on a bag, it better be leather. Second, there are SOOOO many knock-off LVs around here (and Coach signature in khaki/tan - another reason I dont do signature) that if I saw your bag, I would just assume it was a knock-off. Now thats really none of my business, lol, and you arent carrying the bag for what I think of it, but thats what I would think. Also, I just dont care for many of the LV prints/patterns, etc. Do you have pictures of each bag so we can see them side by side? I know I would still pick the Coach, tho. Good luck with your decision!

10. This is a tough one because I understand both sides of your dilemma- leather is always a classic, but if it's too heavy it can be a real pain. I think it's really cute that LV has the monogram option, but you really shoot yourself in the foot resell wise. I think I'd have to stick with Coach on this one.

11. I voted for Coach. I am not a LV fan. My HG is a Chanel..*drool*

12. Definitely the Mon Mono Speedy! I fell in love with LV yesterday, a mon mono speedy 35 is my HG!

13. Yes, I would like to get it done in either Green/light blue or green/darkgreen or green/ivory!

14. Ohh! Green/ivory! Would you go with the double stripe or the 3 stripe if you did? The 3 would look incredible with the green as the main colour!

15. The three stripe for sure!