Coach jewelry sold in outlets

Oct 11, 2008
I was wondering about the quality of Coach jewelry at the outlets.
Has anyone purchased earrings, rings or necklaces?
How is the quality? I think not every Coach outlet carries jewelry.

I have a really nice SS necklace that is the same quality as the boutique, just a different style. The outlets do get some boutique transfers. Lots of the ladies have bought the bangles and I don't recall reading about any problems they've had...

coachbun

born to shop
Mar 11, 2010
texas
I have couple of bangles I bought from the outlet, but those were transfers from FP boutique.

I had no issue with those.

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I believe that most of the jewelry at the outlet are FP deletes from the boutique store. I had seen all of my pieces at the boutique before they came to the outlet; but I don't know if they make any MFF jewelry.

I have some sterling silver pieces that I like very much. I have never been a big fan of "goldtone" costume jewelry but I have to say that I really love my goldtone Pierre Le Tan "Sandy Beach" necklace, braceley, and earrings.

I think that the coach jewelry is very well made but there have been reports of the pave crystals falling out of some jewelry and fobs. I put a couple of coats of clear nail polish on the crystal charms in my Sandy Beach set as a precaution.

At full-price I think that the coach jewelry is quite expensive, but I got all of my pieces at the outlet at discounted prices and with coupons and they were a bargain.

They used to automatically take 40% off of many jewelry pieces but lately they have only been taking 30% off.

One drawback to buying outlet jewelry is that it can be difficult to find a matching set. All of the pieces rarely show up at the outlet at the same time. I was able to buy the ring and earrings for my silver Bow jewelry together and I was lucky enough to find the necklace a few weeks later.

I got the necklace and earrings for the sandy beach set at the same time but I had a no luck finding the bracelet at my nearest outlet. Happily a kind TPFer spotted one at a further outlet and notified me. It was the last day of a coupon sale and I was able to charge it over the phone and pick it up at my convenience.

If you see part of a set that you like, my advice is to buy it immediately and hang onto it with receipt and the tag attached to see if you can find the other pieces. You can always do a return if you don't find it; but you will regret it if you pass on it and then see the other pieces later!

Another issue is ring sizing, they don't offer half sizes and that works with some rings but not others. I liked a thick silver band ring but I really needed a half size. The smaller size was too small and the larger size was just too big. My silver bow ring is a little big but it works okay - so you have to try them on and see what will work for you.

You can start with something small and see how you like it, but be warned! Coach jewelry is also addictive! Good luck!

lubbtoshop

~live, laugh, love~
Jul 6, 2010
sunny south ~ sunshine state
i have personally puchased jewelry at both my fp boutiques and outlets and i, too, believe that all jewelry at the outlets are straight from the boutiques. pieces show up randomly, just like katev said, so if you like something, get it. i have both ss and gold pieces, from rings and bangles, to earrings and necklaces, and love them all....and totally agree that once you start buying coach jewelry, it *is* addictive!! happy jewelry shopping =) (and may not be jewelry, but sunglasses which are in with the jewelry case, are awesome, too...believe those are all straight from the boutiques, too!!)

Oct 11, 2008
I believe that most of the jewelry at the outlet are FP deletes from the boutique store. I had seen all of my pieces at the boutique before they came to the outlet; but I don't know if they make any MFF jewelry.

I have some sterling silver pieces that I like very much. I have never been a big fan of "goldtone" costume jewelry but I have to say that I really love my goldtone Pierre Le Tan "Sandy Beach" necklace, braceley, and earrings.

I think that the coach jewelry is very well made but there have been reports of the pave crystals falling out of some jewelry and fobs. I put a couple of coats of clear nail polish on the crystal charms in my Sandy Beach set as a precaution.

At full-price I think that the coach jewelry is quite expensive, but I got all of my pieces at the outlet at discounted prices and with coupons and they were a bargain.

They used to automatically take 40% off of many jewelry pieces but lately they have only been taking 30% off.

One drawback to buying outlet jewelry is that it can be difficult to find a matching set. All of the pieces rarely show up at the outlet at the same time. I was able to buy the ring and earrings for my silver Bow jewelry together and I was lucky enough to find the necklace a few weeks later.

I got the necklace and earrings for the sandy beach set at the same time but I had a no luck finding the bracelet at my nearest outlet. Happily a kind TPFer spotted one at a further outlet and notified me. It was the last day of a coupon sale and I was able to charge it over the phone and pick it up at my convenience.

If you see part of a set that you like, my advice is to buy it immediately and hang onto it with receipt and the tag attached to see if you can find the other pieces. You can always do a return if you don't find it; but you will regret it if you pass on it and then see the other pieces later!

Another issue is ring sizing, they don't offer half sizes and that works with some rings but not others. I liked a thick silver band ring but I really needed a half size. The smaller size was too small and the larger size was just too big. My silver bow ring is a little big but it works okay - so you have to try them on and see what will work for you.

You can start with something small and see how you like it, but be warned! Coach jewelry is also addictive! Good luck!
Thank you, your post was very helpful. Yes, I can see how
Coach jewelry can be addictive! :biggrin:

Oct 11, 2008
i have personally puchased jewelry at both my fp boutiques and outlets and i, too, believe that all jewelry at the outlets are straight from the boutiques. pieces show up randomly, just like katev said, so if you like something, get it. i have both ss and gold pieces, from rings and bangles, to earrings and necklaces, and love them all....and totally agree that once you start buying coach jewelry, it *is* addictive!! happy jewelry shopping =) (and may not be jewelry, but sunglasses which are in with the jewelry case, are awesome, too...believe those are all straight from the boutiques, too!!)
Thank you! Sunglasses, you got me thinking :biggrin:
I may have to check them out too.