Coach is renaming itself?!?!?!?!?

This is like Google is still Google, but the umbrella management company is called Alphabet. Coach bags should still be Coach bags (although maybe the outlet could use a rebranding), this sounds like pretty much the same scenario.
Yeah, the title was a bit more misleading, but I immediately compared it to Alphabet upon reading myself.

I get the need to rebrand with all of the brands, but I still always just say Google. Rebranding like this tends to just be really expensive and unless if all vestiges of previous brands are removed, time consuming.

Makes sense as they are adding more brands. This way it is Tapestry selling Coach, Kate Spade, SW....not Coach selling Coach, Kate Spade, SW.

I think the name is sort of silly though.

Reactions: Raech
Makes sense as they are adding more brands. This way it is Tapestry selling Coach, Kate Spade, SW....not Coach selling Coach, Kate Spade, SW.

I think the name is sort of silly though.

This is the first place I ran to see if it's true. Thanks for the explanation. Thought they meant it was replacing the Coach name.

Reactions: Kansashalo
I don't understand the corporate name change. Other companies kept their name while still being a parent company (LVMH , Estee Lauder, etc.).

I hope it doesn't change anything but the announcement sounded like all of the brands will be combined under the new name of Tapestry. Fingers crossed.

I just last night purchased a few Sig C items (wristlets and a small key/coin wallet) for the first time in at least a decade.

Guess we'll see how this plays out. The word Tapestry reminds me of drapes.

I just heard the news, too. "Tapestry?" Odd name. Wonder how this will affect the value of items that have "Coach" on them?

Coach will still be Coach. They will still sell Coach bags as Coach. They will still sell Kate Spade as Kate Spade. It is just a change to parent company name, not the actual brand names they are able to use.

I don't understand the corporate name change. Other companies kept their name while still being a parent company (LVMH , Estee Lauder, etc.).

LVMH only became LVMH in 1987 after merging with Moet Hennessy. The actual name is "LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE"

Last edited: