Coach is really confusing me!

HisWifeTheirMom

It is what it is
Jun 19, 2009
After seeing Muranogrl's review of her putty pleated Kristin satchel, I called my local store last night to ask if they had them in. The SA, whose name I stupidly forgot, said they were in and that they were available for purchase. I went to that same store today to look and possibly purchase one. The SA let me see a Kristin large hobo in putty but told me I couldn't purchase any of them until they were on the floor. I told her what the SA told me on the phone last night and she just replied, "I'm sorry."

Why can't you just get a straight set answer from these people? I was going to wait to talk to the manager but she had a line of people and my son was getting fussy so I just left. I was quite aggravated.

Last edited:
Our stores don't even have them in yet. And I'm just 3 hours north of Muranogrl. Go figure. I special ordered the Putty and was told that even when it does come in I cannot have one of them. I have to wait until my specific bag comes in because those others are for the floorset/other customers. I'm not overly thrilled.

That's ridiculous, I bet the SA's bought them. I know when the Crimson Sophia first became available, my store didn't have any for the first few weeks because the SA's bought them all!! LOL!

I think that it depends on how many the stores has in stock right now. I could be wrong though. For example, when my SA showed me the walnut Hampton Hobo before the floorset, she said that I would have to order it because they only had one in the store. That would leave them without a bag to put on the floor, you know? But then she looked on the computer and saw that they HAD received more than one with that specific shipment (another shipment was coming the week OF the floorset) and then she said that I could buy that one. So...I don't know if that is the case with the Kristin. Especially since the Kristin should have more stock since the Hamptons was LE. But...maybe that's the answer. :smile:

I think that it depends on how many the stores has in stock right now. I could be wrong though. For example, when my SA showed me the walnut Hampton Hobo before the floorset, she said that I would have to order it because they only had one in the store. That would leave them without a bag to put on the floor, you know? But then she looked on the computer and saw that they HAD received more than one with that specific shipment (another shipment was coming the week OF the floorset) and then she said that I could buy that one. So...I don't know if that is the case with the Kristin. Especially since the Kristin should have more stock since the Hamptons was LE. But...maybe that's the answer. :smile:

could be, i know if it was the only one, or one of two, and we had them double represented both in the windows/display as well as the floor itself. then its best to order one

there was a time long, long ago when i heard that we were not suppose to sell them early, but sometimes its to tourists--there are loopholes to that.

if OP's SA was a good SA she'd know a way around it, and please the customer by letting her leave with one, esp since the floorset is obviously not this week, either next or the one after there is plenty of time to......

That's ridiculous, I bet the SA's bought them. I know when the Crimson Sophia first became available, my store didn't have any for the first few weeks because the SA's bought them all!! LOL!
SA's are prohibited from buying back stock that is not on the floor. They are allowed to order it, though. You can't blame no inventory on that. Product could have been late, web pick up, or on hold for other customers. Also, stores really arent supposed to sell back stock that isn't out yet, but some SA's will make special exceptions if her specific store allows that.

Yeah. The SA said they could hold one but I won't get it until next week when they come out on the floor. The SA last night told me I could come in and get one today. Oh well.

Hmm. She said I could pick it up tonight, shes also holding a few other things for me. I got her name though so I really hope I don't make a trip for nothing.

could be, i know if it was the only one, or one of two, and we had them double represented both in the windows/display as well as the floor itself. then its best to order one

there was a time long, long ago when i heard that we were not suppose to sell them early, but sometimes its to tourists--there are loopholes to that.

if OP's SA was a good SA she'd know a way around it, and please the customer by letting her leave with one, esp since the floorset is obviously not this week, either next or the one after there is plenty of time to......

I agree with you on this. Better than let the customer leave unhappy, if there is a way around it. :smile:

And it is a bummer that the OP did call and specifically ask IF she could buy it and then told no.

Last edited:
It is crazy to me that in an economy like this when you have someone who wants to buy something you cant because it is "not on the floor" yet...they should just sell the bag especially if they are getting more!

I guess my problem is that they are getting 7 in. And yet I can't have one even though I paid for it. I get that I have to wait until it's on the floor, but it's frustrating to see reveals and people saying they went to pick up the Hamptons or the Kristin and I've paid for one and cannot even have it. Oh well. Good luck, OP, on getting yours!

I guess my problem is that they are getting 7 in. And yet I can't have one even though I paid for it. I get that I have to wait until it's on the floor, but it's frustrating to see reveals and people saying they went to pick up the Hamptons or the Kristin and I've paid for one and cannot even have it. Oh well. Good luck, OP, on getting yours!
You can order them ahead of time and PICK it up from the store or have it shipped to you.

You can order them ahead of time and PICK it up from the store or have it shipped to you.

I'm aware of this. That's exactly what I'm doing. What I'm saying is, I have pre ordered, I have paid and when the bags come in (all 7 of them), I cannot have one. I have to wait until my specific bag comes in. Then I will be PICKING it up.