Coach is back at my TJ Maxx and Marshalls

deltacogirl

Fueling the fixation
Mar 30, 2008
I found a mini sig tote in khaki for $139, a few soho flaps for $99 (the large ones), and the most gorgeous chelsea optic zip around wallet for $79 at TJ Maxx, and Marshalls has the Bleeker Duffle in Ink, as well as an amazing Optic tote for $249. I almost cried that I couldn't get the Optic tote. I spent too much at the outlet yesterday.

Where do TJ and Marshalls get Coach bags? Just curious.

Not sure exactly, but some of the bags have the "COACH FACTORY" price tags on it, at least at the TJM and Marshall's in my area. But I'm also curious as to how TJM and Marshall's got them.

Either way, I don't think either of those stores in my area have good selection, anyway. I'm jealous.:sad:

Where do TJ and Marshalls get Coach bags? Just curious.

The last time Coach showed up at TJMaxx I stopped by my local Coach Outlet and was greeted by the store manager. We usually chat when I'm in so I thought I'd mention Coach at TJMaxx so I asked where they come from. Her answer was department stores that carry Coach. Outlets do not send product that doesn't sell. The product that doesn't sell just keeps getting their price dropped till it's gone.

This doesn't explain they having factory tickets but ....

At the TK MAxx (uk edition) near me they have coach with the factory tags and the normal tags on. It seems to be a mixture. I've often though that was odd.

I agree. Technically, based on what Coach claims, these places should NOT be able to sell factory bags...since the only place to get factory bags is at the factory store!! :confused1: Otherwise, they can easily get retail stock from some of the dept stores. It's definitely the factory store bags I don't get at all!!

I agree. Technically, based on what Coach claims, these places should NOT be able to sell factory bags...since the only place to get factory bags is at the factory store!! :confused1: Otherwise, they can easily get retail stock from some of the dept stores. It's definitely the factory store bags I don't get at all!!

Yeah its totally odd that they carry both, but then again i dont understand how they get them in the first place!

not that im complaining! I have got some excellent bargains from there! x

I was at my local one yesterday and saw no Coach bags at the TJM, but walked over to the Nordstrom Rack and saw a few, mostly hobo's, and a few of the small bleecker ones, some had regular coach tags, some had outlet stamps inside but no outlet tag on the outside!

Was this in South Portland?

I found a mini sig tote in khaki for $139, a few soho flaps for $99 (the large ones), and the most gorgeous chelsea optic zip around wallet for $79 at TJ Maxx, and Marshalls has the Bleeker Duffle in Ink, as well as an amazing Optic tote for $249. I almost cried that I couldn't get the Optic tote. I spent too much at the outlet yesterday.

My TJ's rarely has Coach, but when they do, they often have the bullseye on the creed and a Factory sticker which wouldn't come from a retailer - I'll bet Coach is sending unsold/overruns on factory stuff to the other outlets - would make sense as whenever I'm in the outlets lately, they seem stuffed to the rafters with the factory bags.

I just checked my closest Maax yesterday and nada!! No Coach at all in the store. However, Filene's has gotten in some new stuff...the blue optic, some patent gallery totes, and the belted leather ergos. They also have a huge straw bag (and I mean HUGE), and a couple of other smaller accessories like some ergo wallets and the gold foldover Legacy wristlets.

On clearance they have the canvas slim Ali flaps and the citron canvas legacy shoulder bag. I almost bought the latter...but I resisted the urge. GREAT deals though!