Coach interview! Advice??

goddu07

Jan 4, 2009
Hi everyone, this is my first thread on TPF even though I've been a member for a long time. I scored a job interview with Coach Friday night (tomorrow)! I'm really excited b/c I've always wanted to sell handbags and I love Coach :biggrin:!
Any tips or advice for me?
Would love to hear any feedback from you. I was thinking of wearing my dark skinny blue jeans with brown boots and a blue collared shirts with navy blue cardigan. This is what I see the SA's wearing all the time. How does that sound?
I hope I get some responses! Any Coach SA's out there?
BTW, they see me in there all the time buying bags on a somewhat regular basis and know me by name and zip code. I've been a long time customer at this store, I hope this pulls weight.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, this is my first thread on TPF even though I've been a member for a long time. I scored a job interview with Coach Friday night (tomorrow)! I'm really excited b/c I've always wanted to sell handbags and I love Coach :biggrin:!
Any tips or advice for me?
Would love to hear any feedback from you. I was thinking of wearing my dark skinny blue jeans with brown boots and a blue collared shirts with navy blue cardigan. This is what I see the SA's wearing all the time. How does that sound?
I hope I get some responses! Any Coach SA's out there?
BTW, they see me in there all the time buying bags on a somewhat regular basis and know me by name and zip code. I've been a long time customer at this store, I hope this pulls weight.
it definitely will! I'm sure they'd love to have someone that is knowledgeable about the line! Well the usual tips (but we don't always notice!) would be don't babble on too much when they ask you questions, show confidence and of course be sweet, but don't be too "friendly" -while employers do love to be chummy, it's best to show professionalism first. Have your resume in a folder so it doesn't get crushed, and give them a copy to read on the interview so they don't have to pull out the application you filled out or fidget to look for it while they're interviewing you.

Wearing jeans to an interview can be tricky - I mean, maybe things are changing now but the time I wore jeans on an interview I was immediately insulted for it lol. And when I interviewed for a graphic position at Ann Taylor, I was told I could have worn jeans! I just don't even know what to think about that anymore. Some companies do find jeans to be less professional and will tell you.

As someone that works in Human Resources and someone that worked at Coach (as my hobby job), I would advise against wearing jeans to the interview. You want to dress professionally- even if the store's dress code is jeans. I think that a pair of dress pants, a nice sweater or blazer (and of course your favorite Coach purse) would be perfectly appropriate. Good luck!

I like your outfit idea and would wear the jeans to this specific job interview. It will show that you have taken the time to look the part. Good luck!

Unless they specifically mentioned wearing jeans for the interview, I wouldn't do it. Better to be overdressed, but I'm sure they will appreciate if you dress professionally. Good luck!!

Sorry - fat fingers. Every time I go into my store they offer me a "hobby" job and I am really thinking about it. Not just for the discount, but because it would be nice to talk about purses with people more interested than DH.

Oh that is so true. My husband does not understand the bag thing:P
He thinks all you need is one handbag for everyday. How absurd!:P