Coach interview! Advice??

I second the no jeans idea. Well-fitting dark trousers are always a good option. The blouse and sweater idea sound good, too. Wearing jeans right off the bat may signal that you don't take the job seriously on a professional level, even though you will be wearing jeans every day (it may be safer just to stick to regular trousers). It's always better to be more conservative (think: safe bet, as opposed to: fashion conscious) in interview situations. And, of course, it's a great idea to carry a Coach bag. Maybe with a cute fob. :P

Good luck!

So glad you decided against the jeans. I don't think you have much to worry about. If you are a regular and you have the interview, just be yourself. If they didn't like you already, you wouldn't have the interview. Look the part for the interview, not like your first day at work. You are sitting down with management and it should be a little more professional. It may be wise to read up on the company history a bit. It's always good to have a little knowledge in the tank just in case you need it. We all know that Coach was established in 1941 and I think started in NY but I can't say that I know much more than that. Good luck! I hope you get the job, sounds like you are super excited.

It may help to practice your answers to questions that you KNOW they will ask, like:

Why do you want to work at Coach?

Why should we hire you?

Tell me about yourself and what you can bring to the team.

If you practice answering these questions ahead of time, it will help you to feel more relaxed once you go in for your interview.

Also remember to LISTEN. Lots of people are good at talking, but a good Sales Associate will listen to what the customer is saying first before opening their mouth to make suggestions.

Best of luck to you!

Starting to get butterflies, my interview is in 4 hours and I'm really arguing with myself about what to wear. I don't have a suit because I've been a stay-at-home mom for years. I have black slim fitting pants and a few collared, button down blouses. I also have a long black business type black skirt but not sure If I have a top to go with it. I've mostly been a jeans and casual shirt person for a long time.

Starting to get butterflies, my interview is in 4 hours and I'm really arguing with myself about what to wear. I don't have a suit because I've been a stay-at-home mom for years. I have black slim fitting pants and a few collared, button down blouses. I also have a long black business type black skirt but not sure If I have a top to go with it. I've mostly been a jeans and casual shirt person for a long time.

The slim pants and blouse sounds cute! Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Hi everyone, this is my first thread on TPF even though I've been a member for a long time. I scored a job interview with Coach Friday night (tomorrow)! I'm really excited b/c I've always wanted to sell handbags and I love Coach :biggrin:!
Any tips or advice for me?
Would love to hear any feedback from you. I was thinking of wearing my dark skinny blue jeans with brown boots and a blue collared shirts with navy blue cardigan. This is what I see the SA's wearing all the time. How does that sound?
I hope I get some responses! Any Coach SA's out there?
BTW, they see me in there all the time buying bags on a somewhat regular basis and know me by name and zip code. I've been a long time customer at this store, I hope this pulls weight.
Never ever ever wear jeans to an interview even if it is the dress code :smile: and good luck!!

Unless your skirt is a recent silhouette, I'd stick with the pants. Skirts look dated far more easily than pants. And in the retail world, it's best to show you are up-to-date.

What's your shoe situation?