Coach in Fiction

Scottiemom

O.G.
Sep 25, 2009
This may be the shortest thread ever, but I just had to share. I'm not sure how many writers of fiction reference Coach, but here goes. I started a new Lisa Gardner mystery, and on page 1: "Conrad bought me the purse as a Christmas gift last year. From Coach. Real leather. At least a couple hundred dollars. I'd thrown my arms around him and squealed." The narrator goes on about how her husband had seen her eyeing it in the store and how she'd explored all the compartments in "the huge, gray leather bag." So it seems even fictional characters love Coach.

This may be the shortest thread ever, but I just had to share. I'm not sure how many writers of fiction reference Coach, but here goes. I started a new Lisa Gardner mystery, and on page 1: "Conrad bought me the purse as a Christmas gift last year. From Coach. Real leather. At least a couple hundred dollars. I'd thrown my arms around him and squealed." The narrator goes on about how her husband had seen her eyeing it in the store and how she'd explored all the compartments in "the huge, gray leather bag." So it seems even fictional characters love Coach.
I read a LOT and have come across quite a few books where Coach was mentioned. Not just handbags either, but briefcases, umbrellas, trench coats.......