Coach Impulse Buying???

bevie125

O.G.
Jan 9, 2009
So I need to know if I'm the only compulsive buyer here, that when I see an awesome deal I cant pass up, I buy! I know I'm probably not the only one, but I'd like to know who is, LOL.
Confession: I secretly stalk ebay for item that are poorly listed to swipe up a great deal.
Anyone else?:P

uh YEAH! ME!! hahahaha....BUT luckily i've been getting much much better at not buying bags anymore. I've learned that when i buy bags b/c they're a good deal i end up liking them for about a couple hours then i end up returning the bag or selling it. Now i'll only buy a bag if i LOVE it....if not i'd be snagging up all Coach bags i find on craigslist! LOL

my secret: i've turned my addiction to iphone cases! hahahah my fiance says thats a better addiction than buying purses! so i'll scan eBay for cheap iphone cases instead :roflmfao:

Yes, great buys are hard for me to resist. The outlets are the worst, I would save a lot more money if I just bought at FP and never went to the outlets. LOL

Yes, great buys are hard for me to resist. The outlets are the worst, I would save a lot more money if I just bought at FP and never went to the outlets. LOL

ahhh yes....i agree! those damn outlets. but thankfully my outlet is 2 hours away....for everyone else that has an outlet in their town...MORE POWER TO YOU. i know its hard to NOT walk out with a purchase

I have recently purchased two ebay coach bags...but they were both good deals and the beautiful legacy leather so I am happy with those. I haven't seen anything in the FP stores since I bought my Willis bags, so for now I am safe there :smile: The outlets never seem to have anything to tempt me. I am sure FP will again sometime in the near future, but I really need to stay away and just enjoy the recent purchases I have already made!

sandyclaws said:
uh YEAH! ME!! hahahaha....BUT luckily i've been getting much much better at not buying bags anymore. I've learned that when i buy bags b/c they're a good deal i end up liking them for about a couple hours then i end up returning the bag or selling it. Now i'll only buy a bag if i LOVE it....if not i'd be snagging up all Coach bags i find on craigslist! :lol:

Same here. Many of my impulses that were "good deals" and not bags I was necessarily looking for end up going back. I've only done eBay once for something I really wanted and I don't have an outlet, so this mostly happens with dept store clearance items. I don't do this as much now but if I'm on the fence I will usually buy and then think about it for a few days because chances are it won't be there if I decide to go back for it. This is usually a good system for me. If it's in my home and I'm not putting stuff in it or just staring at it lustfully, then I'm pretty sure I don't want it. When this happens, I feel like I've made the right decision by taking it back and I don't give it another thought. Especially now that I'm more familiar with Coach, when I see a style that's popular here on TPF it's really hard to pass on a deal even if it's something I wouldn't normally go for.

bevie125 said:
So I need to know if I'm the only compulsive buyer here, that when I see an awesome deal I cant pass up, I buy! I know I'm probably not the only one, but I'd like to know who is, LOL.
Confession: I secretly stalk ebay for item that are poorly listed to swipe up a great deal.
Anyone else?:P

I used to do this!! But I decided NO MORE and I have been really good...I still only have ONE bag which is unbelievable for me :smile:
I have bought some accessories here and there but nothing too crazy.

I used to impulse buy but then I found myself losing interest in it after a few days. So now I will only buy something if i absolutely know that I love it.....but its so hard sometimes....lol!

I used to impulse buy with sales goggles. Now, since I've lost so much money rehoming everything that no longer made my heart beat faster, I'm much more careful with my bag purchases.

It was difficult for me to enjoy my bags when I felt like I was literally drowning in them.

I learned to not buy compulsively. With buying a house and planning a wedding I slowly got over my compulsive deal searching. I still want to buy anything I can, but I am getting better. I even have a 40% off credit at coach that I'm not planning on using for a while. I want to, but priorities keep me back. But damn do I want to shop!

Same here. Many of my impulses that were "good deals" and not bags I was necessarily looking for end up going back. I've only done eBay once for something I really wanted and I don't have an outlet, so this mostly happens with dept store clearance items. I don't do this as much now but if I'm on the fence I will usually buy and then think about it for a few days because chances are it won't be there if I decide to go back for it. This is usually a good system for me. If it's in my home and I'm not putting stuff in it or just staring at it lustfully, then I'm pretty sure I don't want it. When this happens, I feel like I've made the right decision by taking it back and I don't give it another thought. Especially now that I'm more familiar with Coach, when I see a style that's popular here on TPF it's really hard to pass on a deal even if it's something I wouldn't normally go for.

true...i hear ya about not having an outlet. My neartest outlet is 2 hours away so i mainly have to go to the FP store or go to Dillards (the only other dept. store that carries Coach) and when Dillards has a SALE they really have a sale so its really hard to not get a bag....but like you said if i get a bag and all i can do is just look at it then it goes back. I'm too scared to order of eBay but with the knowledge i've gained through the tPF im pretty good at spotting the fakes...but i mainly creep on craigslist to find bags

Guilty :shame: I like to watch my local kijiji for deals and I have to admit, there is a feeling of victory when I score a great deal!!! This is also a great way for me to find things I've missed out on or try out styles I'd never consider otherwise without investing too much. :smile:

I stalk ebay, Craigslist, thrift stores and yard sales regularly looking for my next big score. I've gotten better about not just buying a Coach product to buy one. I kinda hold out for something I really want. It's quite addicting though.

I'm VERY impulsive and I hate that about myself. I end up not keeping them though, so it's a constant buy/return with me. I wish I could just stop. I can only imagine the money I've spent on freight charges alone. omg.

I used to be like that, always looking for the next big score, but the problem was that when something would pop up that I had REALLY been wanting, then I had already spent the money in something I wasn't as enthused about.
Now I still occasionally look for good buys, but mostly just things I know I really want. In fact, I just scored two fobs I've really been wanting from Bonanza and I was actually able to swing the extra cash because I didn't go nuts at the outlet last week. :smile: