coach, how do you know it's authentic?

I have a feeling that more than 1/2 of them are knock offs. Once you start looking at Coach bags (on the official site) you start to notice all the little details, the quality of the leather, the stitching, the hardware, etc. To me, fake Coach bags are very easy to spot-by looking at the workmanship. I don't think the fake bags use the sturdy hardware that you see on a real coach. On a real Coach the hardware really stands out. Hope this helped....Good Luck!!! :smile:

There are tons of resources in the Coach subforum that you should check out. There's an Authenticate This thread, a thread where people post authentic eBay auctions and great buys, and a thread where people post pics of the fakeroonies. You'll get lost for hours... but you will learn a ton!

There are so many ways to tell Fake coaches and just like Koobas or any other fakes, they all vary from bag to bag. CC alignment used to be a real good clue but no more. Coach has made some newer bags with bad alignment and I have seen lots of authentic basg right out of a Coach store have iffy alignment. I'd say there are alot more fake Coaches on Ebay than real ones.

There are so many ways to tell Fake coaches and just like Koobas or any other fakes, they all vary from bag to bag. CC alignment used to be a real good clue but no more. Coach has made some newer bags with bad alignment and I have seen lots of authentic basg right out of a Coach store have iffy alignment. I'd say there are alot more fake Coaches on Ebay than real ones.
well, the big indicator on alignment is looking at it straight on and seeing if it's symmetrical on either side of the seam down the middle. other than that, it gets weird if you're looking at it from the side or something. not sure what coach is up to lately with how they're placing stuff.

I learned a lot about Coach by reading the Coach forums here and on Ebay.
AND, asking here or on Ebay BEFORE buying!
Also, going to the Coach outlet weekly helps!
I rarely buy Coach on Ebay, mostly sell.

I have to rely on you ladies where coach is concerned as there are no UK stockists. This is the bag I'm waiting on.

Attachments

• Coach.jpg
    Coach.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Coach Creed.jpg
    Coach Creed.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 60